4x4 IFS Swap in Heavy truck

BeNimble

My C700 has a Detroit Diesel 8.2 and 5 speed manual, but it will not be used in the camper.
Probably putting it in my 1949 Willys Ratrod truck build, although I may just sell it, it has only 92k miles on it and reportedly runs good although it has sat for the last 5 years.
I have the suspension from my 72 GMC 5500 (Chevy C50) so may just put together a car from leftover junk (bought willys cab for the front grill for my 53 Willy Panel Wagon)
as a true ratrod something like this...

hqdefault.jpg

quickfarms

Adventurer
It would be put to best use if you had a fishing boat! .... AS AN ANCHOR! LOL :ROFLMAO:

That is the best use for an 8.2.

That engine was so bad that even the Detroit dealer would not work on it. They would simply replace it. I seem to remember they liked to blow head gaskets for no reason.

We used a lot of those engine blocks for mooring boeys, boat anchor.

BeNimble

From what I have read about the 8.2, they are no issues with them..until they put turbos on them because they only have like 160hp with 500ci without them.
In any case, best not to have an engine that has no parts available for it when you are traveling the countryside. Perfect for a ratrod that just goes to car shows. :)

twodollars

If I recall the current m1151 can be had in a 15k variation., that's actually designed for hard off road use, at full capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior