4X4 Coaster conversion

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi,

Noticed one of the old threads talking about Coasters being converted to 4x4 using Landcruiser running gear. We had this one in the workshop last week to get some extra seating fitted and check over the solar and electrical system. A young couple had just bought it. Hope they realise how good a deal they got. Someone in the past had obviously thrown alot of money at it.

350 Chev, Turbo 400?, F250 diffs and transfer case, ARB air lockers front & rear, 12.5 muddies, 8 x Rancho shocks, huge fuel tanks, as well as LPG conversion, about 264 watts of solar and a big audio system.

BiG BoB

Adventurer
Theres a newer model Diesel powered one broken down on the Arnhem Highway at the moment

I reckon they're about the best option for a small offroad camper, if you weren't looking to tow much more than a small boat.

whatcharterboat

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Hi Bob

I know what you mean about them power wise. I actually had a Coaster diesel engine in my FJ40 shorty about 20 years ago. Electrics were a bit wierd cause it still had a 24volt starter. It was awesome on fuel and had so much grunt because there was no wieght.

But I'm sure this Coaster could tow anything with a 350 Chev and an auto.

Where are you from Bob?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles