4x4 Ambulance - 2003 Ford Econoline E-350 Super Duty

bad_andy24

@nyyankees588 Thanks for that spec sheet - I'm sure that will come in handy. And yes, I've been combing through a lot of awesome ambulance builds giving me plenty to be excited about. This conversion for sale here on expo helped me convince the wife of the potential value of these vehicles- although that asking price is crazy.

You must be talking about the conversion I have for sale? Still waiting to see what the actual value is when someone cuts me a check lol. I've got another one waiting to build next so if your's is a wheeled coach build I can probably help answer some of the questions you're gonna have so just hit me up when you get your hands on the unit!

jlcanterbury

@bad_andy24
Yup, and what a great build! "Crazy" price being relative of course- there are many out there willing to shell out, I'm not 'fortunate' enough to be one of them.

Thanks for the offer- will do! I'm sure to run into at least a handful of questions!

jlcanterbury

Update- picked up the ambulance on Jan 8th. Everything regarding the rig was in fairly good condition. Electrical system including inverter all fully functional. Only very minor surface rust on frame- extremely low rust for a vehicle from this region. All good mechanically, but I put a new set of tires on for the drive out.
IMG_2041.JPG

Spent a few days visiting family in WV, then started the drive to California over the 11th to the 13th. 2500+ miles over 3 days and the truck did great. Made the trip with no problems at all, and slept comfortably both nights on the padded bench in the box. Drove in a caravan with my Dad who was making the trip out west in his VW Rialta.

IMG_2043.JPG

So far, I'm extremely happy with the vehicle and the everything that comes with the ambulance conversion. When I look at this compared to a 4x4 SMB, Sprinter, etc, it's hard to believe what an incredible value this platform is. I was a little concerned about the size, but it drives super easy even in tighter areas.

The build has started, and I will hopefully find the time to make a build thread to document the process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles