4x4 1998 Ford E-350 XLT for sale in Denver, CO

ale

Hi all!

Just got the word yesterday that I will be officially moving to the Washington, DC area from Denver, CO!

Unfortunately, this means I will need to sell this awesome overlanding rig I have had the pleasure of using over the past year... :cry:

Brief Info:
1998 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
Gas V10 Engine
~90,000 miles on the clock
4x4 MG Metalworks Conversion

I am the third owner, and purchased the van from user 86Scotty (whose amazing builds can be found here on the expedition portal forum as well as the sportsmobile forum) and who performed the 4x4 conversion himself using an MG Metalworks conversion kit. Though, I have been lucky enough to roam the desert southwest with this machine and do a few interior modifications myself - mainly, the addition of two folding sienna captains chairs in the back and replacing the rear carpet with VanTred.

Included for sale would also be a few extra items for projects that I did not get around to completing: including a folding tahoe rear bench seat and some opt overland window blanks. As well as some accessories I purchased for off-road use: 1 pair maxtrax and an ARB tire deflator, air compressor, and tire plug kit, and Wilco Hitchgate with harbor freight cargo carrier.

I am asking around ~$21,500 or best offer since the van is in extremely good condition and has been very well taken care of.

I have tons of information and pictures available of the interior and exterior, as well as the mechanical history and upgrade list.

So, feel free to PM me and I will send you any info you want!

Best,

Alex

Attachments

• E350XLT.jpg
    E350XLT.jpg
    897.1 KB · Views: 785

outdoornate65

Adventurer
Hi all!

Just got the word yesterday that I will be officially moving to the Washington, DC area from Denver, CO!

Unfortunately, this means I will need to sell this awesome overlanding rig I have had the pleasure of using over the past year... :cry:

Brief Info:
1998 Ford E-350 Club Wagon
Gas V10 Engine
~90,000 miles on the clock
4x4 MG Metalworks Conversion

I am the third owner, and purchased the van from user 86Scotty (whose amazing builds can be found here on the expedition portal forum as well as the sportsmobile forum) and who performed the 4x4 conversion himself using an MG Metalworks conversion kit. Though, I have been lucky enough to roam the desert southwest with this machine and do a few interior modifications myself - mainly, the addition of two folding sienna captains chairs in the back and replacing the rear carpet with VanTred.

Included for sale would also be a few extra items for projects that I did not get around to completing: including a folding tahoe rear bench seat and some opt overland window blanks. As well as some accessories I purchased for off-road use: 1 pair maxtrax and an ARB tire deflator, air compressor, and tire plug kit, and Wilco Hitchgate with harbor freight cargo carrier.

I am asking around ~$21,500 or best offer since the van is in extremely good condition and has been very well taken care of.

I have tons of information and pictures available of the interior and exterior, as well as the mechanical history and upgrade list.

So, feel free to PM me and I will send you any info you want!

Best,

Alex
Do you have a build thread or will you be posting more pictures?

We are local in Denver and interested.
Thanks,

Nate

ale

Ah good call Nate!

Just thought to put up the original conversion thread from the sportsmobile forum:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/forums/f24/back-in-the-game-17940.html

This post is what I based my purchase decision on and the van is largely unchanged except for the rear passenger seat layout and new flooring.

Will have more pictures updated tomorrow when I am off work!

Additional documentation on the van:

-Converted to 4x4 with an MG Metalworks/Expovans F250 coil spring kit. Fox shocks and everything underneath 1 year old.

-6" lift sitting on Nitto Terra Grappler 35"s, size 305/70-17 E-rated on Ford wheels.

-1 year old rebuilt and bulletproofed transmission, no problems.

-Dana 60 front axle, NV271 tx case, Fox shocks, Moog and Atlas Springs, All Ford parts, nothing hard to replace with this conversion. Rides just like a factory 2006 F250 4x because up front it basically is. The rear axle is the original E350 Dana full float axle.

Interior upgrades:
-Front Passenger swivel seat
-4D auxiliary battery wired for solar panels
-All LED lighting
-2 key fobs/keyless entry
-Power windows, door locks, cruise etc. (XLT package). Everything works
-Several power point and USB chargers throughout van
-Backup camera with Sony Bluetooth/USB/media stereo, JBL speakers throughout as well (*** although the camera is finnicky and cuts out when going over bumps... Investigating now...)
-Raptor Lined rockers
-N-Fab nerf/step bars
-Windows tinted very dark all around, 20% (legal) on driver and passenger
-Heat works great and ice cold air conditioning (*** but capped to front of cab only. Rear lines need replacing)
-10K 3-point receiver hitch for motorcycle rack or heavy trailer
-2 fold forward sienna captains chairs installed on expovans mounts
-VanTred liner in rear of van.

Only issues I have had:

- Has an ABS light on which was on before the conversion (*** my understanding is that there is no longer any ABS capability since the conversion has been performed)
- Has a couple of paint chips around the windshield and scratches from vegetation on side paint and bumper (Utah pinstripes, nothing bad)
- Had some frame and body rust which was cleaned and POR15'd by original converter.
- Needs a spare tire. Any common 17" Ford spare will fit, 8x170 (Ford Super Duty) bolt pattern.
- Rear AC/heat is not working. New lines needed from front to rear. The unit is intact though. The fan blows through all original ducts.
- Factory rear seatbelts are not installed. (***I have them, but have been playing around with interior layout. The rear captains chairs have integrated seatbelts.)

And last but not least, I need to change the oil...

Best,

Alex

Deshet

Adventurer
You would be surprised at the number of lifted Trucks right outside of DC.
Alot of people say DC when they mean northern Virginia.

you don't see it all day every day like you do in Denver but you really aren't that far from mountains and various types of terrain.

There are several overland bound members that physically work in the Pentagon.

snorkel54

Adventurer
I live in No. Virginia 14 miles from the US Capitol, but keep my truck camper with 6 inch lift in Montana for use in the West.

ale

Sorry all for the delay in response, my gf had to have ankle surgery after a bouldering accident and I have been primary caretaker the past few weeks while juggling my move.

Van is still available and I have interior pics:

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    847.4 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    847.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0099.JPG