4th of July in Colorado ('Merica)

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Here's a few shorts from the second (and final) part of this article. Check it out here. [link]

colorado%2042.jpg

colorado%2038.jpg

colorado%2039.jpg

_MG_0462.jpg

skibum315

Explorer
That was a fun couple of articles ... thanks. Was Imogene the only high pass you guys did (aside from the attempt at Mosquito)? Any thoughts about continuing down to Silverton for Engineer?

I love that there are so many options down that way ... and someone's comment on the Imogene article, about a 'Top 10 Off Tarmac, Vehicle Accessible, US High Points', really would make a cool follow up piece ... even if it might take a bit to put together. Could even make it North American, or Western Hemisphere ... well, you get the idea.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
That was a fun couple of articles ... thanks. Was Imogene the only high pass you guys did (aside from the attempt at Mosquito)? Any thoughts about continuing down to Silverton for Engineer?

I love that there are so many options down that way ... and someone's comment on the Imogene article, about a 'Top 10 Off Tarmac, Vehicle Accessible, US High Points', really would make a cool follow up piece ... even if it might take a bit to put together. Could even make it North American, or Western Hemisphere ... well, you get the idea.

For this trip, Imogene was the only high pass we did. I'm not a big fan of cramming a bunch of area into one trip, we already had enough.

I think I might try to shoot out to Colorado next weekend, I really enjoy it there.

Yes, I've done Engineer Pass, just in the past.

skibum315

Explorer
For this trip, Imogene was the only high pass we did. I'm not a big fan of cramming a bunch of area into one trip, we already had enough.
Makes sense, and generally speaking I tend to favor a similar approach.

I think I might try to shoot out to Colorado next weekend, I really enjoy it there.
:D

Yes, I've done Engineer Pass, just in the past.
Not too surprising, in hindsight.

... thanks again for the write-ups, makes for good reading.

Kya

Adventurer
Great looking trip. Go 'merica and ColoRADo! Imogene is on our hit list this summer.

grogie

Like to Camp
Imogene Pass is certainly worth crossing. My favorite side is the Ouray side.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story and pictures.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
Beautiful trip report... Once I finish exploring all of California, Colorado is near the top of my to-do list :)

MattScott

Approved Vendor
For those wondering, most everything I shoot these days is with a Canon 5D MKII and a 50mm prime. No filter. Keep it simple, stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz