4th Gen 4Runner leveling with ride comfort

talisman

Greetings gents. I've got a 2003 4Runner Limited 4x4 V8 with 205k on the clock that I would like to level out and put some slightly meatier tires on. It has the XREAS and had the rear air leveling system, but that has already been removed and replaced with unknown components by a previous owner. I plan on completely removing the XREAS to go with something more modern. This thing mostly sees beach duty, but I would like to be able to take it up Engineer Pass in Colorado as I have friends that live in Lake City. I've got a bad back; like seriously bad. I'm looking for daily driver ride comfort over climbing boulders. I've been looking at the Bilstein adjustables and they seem like they might be a good fit. This truck will never see seriously heavy loads or any type of extreme type climbing, just minor tent camping and mostly commuting with an occasional trip offroad. I was also thinking about bumping up the tire sidewall sizes slightly but I don't want to have to ******** around with a speedometer being fubar'ed. Is there a good programmer that can compensate for that out there? I had a third gen with OME lift and suspension and it really beat the hell out of me, even just after a few miles. I ended up selling it after only owning it a month. I've been daily driving this one for three years and it has been great; once I fixed the inevitable timing belt/water pump failure. Even managed to get the dash recall done. Thoughts? The rake has always driven me nuts. Thanks for your time.

4runnerteq

Explorer

I've driven a truck with this set up on it and it road really well. Softer than OME for sure. Just not a fan of the level myself, but to each his own. Running 265/70/17 on our 4th gen with no lift. Speedometer is about 4-6mph off. If it show 80 your closer to 85.I don't know of a way to correct these. Some guys over on the 120 forum have been running Dobinson components ,the off upgrades with very little lift, however, no experience with them. The Sonoran Steel on my 3rd gen is pretty sweet. I'm all about that rake, bout that rake, no level.

talisman

I've driven a truck with this set up on it and it road really well. Softer than OME for sure. Just not a fan of the level myself, but to each his own. Running 265/70/17 on our 4th gen with no lift. Speedometer is about 4-6mph off. If it show 80 your closer to 85.I don't know of a way to correct these. Some guys over on the 120 forum have been running Dobinson components ,the off upgrades with very little lift, however, no experience with them. The Sonoran Steel on my 3rd gen is pretty sweet. I'm all about that rake, bout that rake, no level.

Thanks for the info! I like reverse rake on old pre 70's classics, but this front rake has driven me nuts since I bought it. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior