4th gen 4runner, geared, locked, cargo build etc....N.CA, $17.5K

shmabs

Explorer
Please email me at porko53@hotmail.com if you're interested, I don't get on the forums all the time. Google link at the bottom with pics.

Located in Weaverville, CA 96093. I’m open to cash offers, made in person after you have seen and driven the vehicle. Willing to remove parts to bring price down ( I have a different set of wheels/tires, can remove the interior cargo build, roof rack etc) I'm more than happy to hear your opinion on the price AFTER you have seen and driven the vehicle. Trades for second gen double cab tacoma considered.

Sr5, 4wd, 156k, automatic trans, power windows/locks, cruise control, factory CD player with aux input, all the standard features you would expect, everything on the truck works as it should. NO LEAKS, NO MECHANICHAL issues, all OEM VIN matching body panels, interior is very clean (see pics), engine is clean enough to eat off of. Clean title in my name, current registration and I will smog it.

I purchased this 4runner in the north bay area from the original owner’s son in October of 2018 at with 133k miles after looking for a while to find the “right one”. Since then I have maintained and modified it to suit our needs as a vehicle that can get us away from it all, but is still comfortable/efficient for longer trips. We just got back from a 2 week, 2500 mile trip all over CA/NV/AZ and the truck was flawless. This 4runner was designed/built as a vehicle that could get further down dirt roads than cars, NOT as a trail rig, and isn’t your typical beat to crap hill truck Toyota. The vehicle has been taken care of, and shows it. I have receipts/records for the most of what I have done, but the vehicle presents itself quite nicely. It has always been a second or third vehicle for me, and is not a daily driver. It is our weekend adventure vehicle and is cleaned/maintained after every single trip, I trust this vehicle to get myself and my son VERY far into the back country and back home safely, which it has always done. We have traveled all over the west coast with it, including Baja. 18-20 mpg is my norm.

10-8-18 Purchase at 133k

10-18-19 4.10 gear swap (factory Toyota gears) new CV shafts, axle and differential seals front and rear, alignment, first suspension refresh, locking rear diff (factory Toyota E-locker) using low range off road wiring kit. About $2000 in parts to do this all over again. Bussman aux fuse/relay box for all accessory power needs, wired to battery with a fuse breaker and proper connections. This powers an additional 12volt dual usb socket in the center console, the fridge, rear locker and has space for other accessories..

11-2-18@ 134,212 miles-smog check, install 5 new 255/75/17 BFG All Terrain K02 with replacement certs, sequoia wheels, oil change and rotate. Tires are currently at 11/32nds all around, 5th tire has been rotated in, so it matches all the others. About $1300 in tires.

12-5-18@137,439 miles-new spark plugs (denso) new air filter, LED interior lights

3-1-19@139,002 miles-new battery (larger AGM with custom tie down), rear track bar relocation bracket, oil change and rotate

4-1-19@140,110 miles-Icon 2.5 remote reservoir externally adjustable coil overs up front, Icon 2.5 remote reservoir externally adjustable rear shocks, t-12 rear springs, new water pump, thermostat, coolant and radiator hoses, new headlight bulbs, new upper ball joints and control arms (JBA), alignment. This is about $3800 worth of suspension if you were to buy it all new again.

5-3-19 @142,200 miles-transmission fluid flush with synthetic fluid, external trans cooler installation. Trans cooler was installed on a custom fabricated bracket, none of that crappy zip tie through the radiator/condenser stuff. Oil change and rotate

7-1-19 Interior cargo build, custom cargo floor with tie downs tracks, mount for dometic 12volt fridge. I have all of the stock interior pieces and seats which will be included in the sale. You can remove the fridge platform and install the other half of the rear seats, while retaining the rear most cargo floor. Sound deadening was installed under cargo floor. This setup was designed/built to better organize cargo, be easy to clean, more durable and it checks all those boxes. Organization is key!!!

Cargo Area build

8-3-19 Oil change, swap to Icon rear springs (I have old man emu 895 and wheelers t-12 rear springs that I will include with the vehicle so you can swap springs based on your preference)

10-5-19 Oil change (synthetic oil and OEM filter) and rotate, polished front headlights, fabricate and install roof rack. Roof rack is custom built to use factory mounts, be stronger than the OEM rack, be able to carry bikes/skis/cargo box, and still be light weight (28 lbs)

11-8-19 156xxx (current mileage) new air filter, front brakes, rear window seal replaced (OEM Toyota Seal)

I understand I have priced this truck more than other 4th gen 4runners out there, but this is not your typical beat to crap trail rig, and is also not just another soccer mom 4runner. I refer to this as the “super stock” 4runner, meaning the option package that Toyota should have built for 4th gen 4runners. Some have called it the TRD PRO version of a 4th gen.

I am only selling the truck to fund the purchase of a 2nd gen 4 door Tacoma (we need bed space), so I would consider trades for one of those. I am open to 2wd or 4x4, salvage title, a truck that needs body/mechanical work etc. Low ball offers will be ignored, please don’t waste my time or yours.

Attachments

• IMG_2131.JPG
    IMG_2131.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 446
  • IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 448
  • IMG_2128.JPG
    IMG_2128.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 412
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 380

shmabs

Explorer
BUMP, just got back from Baja and the truck worked perfectly, but I need a pickup. Current mileage is 157k and I'm open to offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online