4runner w/Wildernest

Pyro4God

Observer
Pics of rails.

I used 2"x3"x3/16" angle and a couple of pieces of 1"x2" square tubing to make the rails. Giving me a solid base to mount to and the added height that I needed for clearance inside.

Attachments

• toyota truck topper install 018.jpg
    toyota truck topper install 018.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 107
  • toyota truck topper install 017.jpg
    toyota truck topper install 017.jpg
    557.3 KB · Views: 111
  • toyota truck topper install 016.jpg
    toyota truck topper install 016.jpg
    673.9 KB · Views: 101
are you going to keep you roll bar? I decidedin my 4runner flippac build that i'd ditch the stocker, and build a new one that is less obstructive.

Pyro4God

Observer
The stock rollbar would just be in the way. Besides I have plans for an exo cage. Still haven't decided how hard I'll wheel it yet. But hey , better to have and not need, than to need and not have.

Pyro4God

Observer
More pics

toyota truck topper install 052.jpgtoyota truck topper install 070.jpg Here's a pic of the front removed and one of the wildernest mounted.:wings: Just needs some fiberglass and paint.

slus

Adventurer
Finally, someone did it! You are my current hero. Lets see this thing finished up and with interior shots!

Ruined Adventures

Brenton Cooper
HOLY SMOKES :Wow1:

I found a Wildernest for $350 today and I've been wondering how possible this would be!!! How much heavier would you guess the Wildernest is compared to the original hardtop? The one I found is supposedly 6.5ft x 5ft so I figure that's pretty close depending on their measurements...

austintaco

Explorer
Did you manage to get the guy with the Comanche to sell his? Just curious.

I am picking up one next weekend. It's made for a Toyota long bed, so its going on the trailer for now.

Sorry for the hi jack...

Pyro4God

Observer
HOLY SMOKES :Wow1:

I found a Wildernest for $350 today and I've been wondering how possible this would be!!! How much heavier would you guess the Wildernest is compared to the original hardtop? The one I found is supposedly 6.5ft x 5ft so I figure that's pretty close depending on their measurements...

Its pretty close to a hundred lbs. heavier than the stock top.

austintaco

Explorer
Ok, I've reached the point of no return. I'm going to trace the cab outline onto the 'nest and cut a pass-thru out. This will allow me to move the 'nest forward and close the gap, limiting the amount of fiberglass work I have to do. No worries, if I screw this up, It's only $750.00 down the drain!

Did you keep the slider from the wildernest? I am in the process of finding one now. If you still have the slider, shoot me a PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior