4Daughter 4Runner

maust

I've been rebuilding this 87 4runner with my daughter over the past year. So far we have rebuilt the 22re, fixed the hubs, replaced the suspension, fixed the passenger CV, replaced dry rotted tires, repainted the top and installed some fog lights (not pictured). Next up we are planning to swap out the seats for ones out of a 2000 Celica.

I'm so proud of her wanting to get her hands dirty taking on this project. Next she wants to replace the carpet and has been looking at the Softoppers.

With all the work she has done, now she wants to start documenting the project. While I will be helping her, she wants this to be her project. We will see where this goes!

4runner front.jpg

First day home
4runner Day1.jpg

Replaced dry rotted tires with Cooper STMAXX 255/85R16
Wheels and Tires.jpg

Added Baja Design Squadron fog lights
Baja Lights2.jpg

Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Yes! She just turned 15 and she is learning how to drive standard on the 4runner as well.

Now that's pretty cool. Get her to have a vested interest in the vehicle and it's restoration and she'll respect it and care for it that much more. Good dad right there. Keep us updated on the progress.

maust

Today a pair of power outlets replaced the rear ashtray on this overland build. Plates of 6061 aluminum were used centering the power outlets and increasing surface area when mounting to the plastic center console. I'm on the fence if the rear seats should be removed for a camper setup.

Overland power outlets.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94