4-person Rooftop Tent

TELOS

Roaming the Pacific Coast
This is not a happy for sale thread to write, but it has to happen. In the midst of trying to fund a startup through launch, I have to part with some camping gear until better times. Among many items which have to go is our rooftop tent.

The tent is a 4-person tent Type E (76 inches) by Castle Rock, Colorado company Odin Designs. A link to the product site: http://odindesigns.com/shop/type-e-roof-top-tent/

My wife and I have absolutely loved this tent and used it on a handful of camping trips. The tent has always been cared for and cleaned after each use. The mattress is super comfortable and the skylights give such an awesome view at night and provide nice ventilation. When times are better, we will be getting another tent from Odin Designs again without hesitation.

Some features of the tent:
- Sleeps 4 adults
- Includes removable annex which can extend from 6.5ft to 7.5ft and has a removable floor
- Has a 3-foot overhand which covers the ladder
- 420D/260G polyester nylon blend in a ripstop pattern for tent body. PU treated to resist water, mold, and mildew
- 420D/180G polyester. PU treated to resist water, mold, and mildew.
- 1200D/680G PVC travel cover
- YKK zippers
- Side window awnings that roll up all the way
- Skylights
- Anti-condensation mat
- 2.5″ high-density foam mattress
- Removable/washable mattress cover with PVC bottom to protect against condensation
- 8′ aluminum telescoping ladder with bump stops and locking mechanisms on the front

For pickup only - Los Angeles, California
Asking $1,700 obo

Attachments

• D8A4A6BE-4A36-4B76-A3BC-B8B351F7B325.jpg
    D8A4A6BE-4A36-4B76-A3BC-B8B351F7B325.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 374
  • ThuliSubmission02.jpg
    ThuliSubmission02.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

TELOS

A couple more photos of the tent showing it installed on our Subaru Outback and with the annex attached.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 8.45.59 PM.jpgIMG_2614.jpg

gendlert

When attaching to your outback, did you use the factory rack or do an aftermarket Yakima or Thule rack? Thinking about a RTT setup for my car, too.

TELOS

The Type E tent actually falls within the weight ratings for the factory rack on the newer Outbacks so we used the factory rack without any modifications. The tent bolted on easily and the car handled the load really well, even at higher speeds driving across Utah. The adjustable ladder is nice since the Subaru is so much lower than the Defender.

I’d be happy to help with the installation on your car. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior