4 Door FJ-40 from RedLine Land Cruisers: FJ-UTE

Torfab

I'll be checking this out in 2 weeks at SEMA, Justin says this is his "baby" - it should be pretty sweet. As for the price point everyone keeps mentioning, at 50k it's a great start and he will probably sell out. If I know people right, most will upgrade the engine and add accessories probably putting this into the 80k range.

shane4x4

Supporting Sponsor
15134470284_de051ee8b9_z.jpg

Our quick chat with Justin:

We'll have build-up coverage in the November Year in Review issue, and a full test drive coming in April. Overall thought, it's pretty cherry :)

Clutch

<---Pass
Yes, they'll be doing a hard top this winter :)

Awesome!

Wonder why Icon never did a hardtop for their version, it isn't like their clientele can't afford it.

Question (might of missed it somewhere) Is the body wiser than a typical FJ40? It appears to be.

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Question (might of missed it somewhere) Is the body wiser than a typical FJ40? It appears to be.

I'm assuming you meant wider, and having worked on these bodies for Icons order at Aqualu, I can say they usually aren't. It is possible Redline asked for a wider version, but it would be a fair bit of work to do it.

Buying an older Troopy out of Oz would be a cheaper way to get the end result, but if you need the four doors, might be simpler to go this way.

Clutch

<---Pass
I'm assuming you meant wider, and having worked on these bodies for Icons order at Aqualu, I can say they usually aren't. It is possible Redline asked for a wider version, but it would be a fair bit of work to do it.

Buying an older Troopy out of Oz would be a cheaper way to get the end result, but if you need the four doors, might be simpler to go this way.

No I meant wiser... :p (I kid I kid)

Yep wider....the grill bezel and hood vent looks wider to me than a factory version. Like it has been sectioned and widened, Prolly an optical illusion

15134470284_de051ee8b9_z.jpg
restoration108d.jpg

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I agree it does look a bit wider, and the two pics really show it. I guess it's probably just a matter of tweaking the numbers for the cad cutter to make the bodies wider. I'm not a CAD savvy type of fabricator, so for me it would be an exercise in sharpie marks and circular saw cuts.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
The bodies are substantially wider than the standard FJ40 width. Aqualu built the frame Red Line is using and Red Line used several stock hoods to create the widened hood... thankfully as the Aqualu supplied widened hood is baaaaaaaad news :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles