4” exhaust for 1995 e350 with Cummins swap

Justgosurfin

What are the odds that this kit will work under my 1995? Obviously it will need some work to get to my downpipe. It would the hangers still be in the same place? Or am I better off just having a shop make a full custom exhaust? Any idea on cost or how to choose a muffler? Not looking for very loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eblau

Adventurer
I think you'd be better off going custom, just dont let them take advantage of you on the material cost. Aluminized steel even in 4" diameter is cheap. Have them add two or three v bands so you can take it off in sections also, nothing worse than an exhaust that comes out in one piece!

Justgosurfin

Thanks.

Any reason to go stainless? Suggestion for a muffler?

And yea totally agree on the sections versus one piece game.

Binky

Band clamps work well too and still make it easy to dismantle.
Have the shop flare the female end as deep as they can (>4" if possible) so each section has plenty of adjustability and still have a strong union.

Justgosurfin

Have the shop flare the female end as deep as they can (>4" if possible) so each section has plenty of adjustability and still have a strong union.

Any ballpark idea what I should expect to pay? Not a big issue just wondering what’s normal

eblau

Adventurer

Band clamps are a great and much cheaper alternative, good suggestion! They even sell "stepped" band clamps that accommodate for a slip fit.

If I were building it for you, assuming no muffler just pipe front to back it would be 500-$600 parts and labor. Stainless just looks pretty and costs more, the aluminized lasts for years as long as you spray the sections where you weld it.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
if it were me id just buy the $350.00 4" diamond eye 94.5-early 07 e series van exhaust with muffler and not install the dp or use it for stock for whatever dp the fabshop creates for you. or the non muffler option for $320.00 and pick something bigger for a muffler to take away more sound. just stay with a straight through design like what comes with the exhaust.

axle is in the same place from 92 and up iirc, so no reason the exhaust wont fit. worst case you have to move the hangers around a bit. id run it by whatever shop your having do the work and see what will be more cost effective.

Justgosurfin

^^^^ Yep, if they're good they'll help you fix the problem and not help you drain your wallet.

Ugh. Hard to find here in south Florida. But I’ll definitely do some hunting around.

I miss living in the Virginia mountains where I’m from. I often call shops there for estimates and suggestions when I need something I can’t do just to get an honest opinion.

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Looks like theres numerous custom exhaust shops listed in s florida. Start calling around and asking questions. Find a shop that’s receptive to your ideas about buying an exhaust (possibly from them) and then having it modified. Like stated 4” pipe is not expensive and with a good portion of the exhaust an easy bolt on affair the dp should be easy for any shop that claims they do performance work. You might have to buy a few ubends and whatever coupler/vband clamp your turbo needs. Even better if they have a mandrel tube bender.

First one listed lists a lot of import stuff, then lists jeep. Customizing shops like that generally get excited to add something different to their resume. A bigass diesel swapped 4wd van adds another niche to their clientele.

Justgosurfin

Looks like theres numerous custom exhaust shops listed in s florida. Start calling around and asking questions. Find a shop that’s receptive to your ideas about buying an exhaust (possibly from them) and then having it modified. Like stated 4” pipe is not expensive and with a good portion of the exhaust an easy bolt on affair the dp should be easy for any shop that claims they do performance work. You might have to buy a few ubends and whatever coupler/vband clamp your turbo needs. Even better if they have a mandrel tube bender.

First one listed lists a lot of import stuff, then lists jeep. Customizing shops like that generally get excited to add something different to their resume. A bigass diesel swapped 4wd van adds another niche to their clientele.

Haha yea I first called Florida diesel. They seemed interested in seeing it. Will report back in a few weeks. Maybe next month before it’s all said and done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles