3rd gen tubular manifolds about to install need a couple part numbers

russya

I just bought a set of the wildcat headers with cats for 3.8l motors from performance exhaust to replace my cracked factory manifolds.

I have all the gaskets I need but I can’t find the part number for the factory manifold nuts and washers. Anyone have this info?

In case anyone is wondering, I paid $670 shipped to my door in four days from Australia. Really impressed with how quick I got them and their customer service. Out of curiosity I will be doing a few horsepower runs before and after using Dashcommand on my phone(it’s no real dyno, but it’s better than nothing). I bought it instead of buying the cracking factory manifolds, hoping they will be more durable, if there’s extra power, that’s a bonus.

Here’s the link to them
https://www.performanceexhaust.com...JERO-NM-NP-V6-3.5LT-3.8LT-4WD-WILDCAT/WILD707

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SONICMASD

Adventurer
You can also download ASA from mitsubishilinks.com to be able to look up any part number.

Please be sure to post back with photos and tips on the install of the headers. There are several of us out there considering this in the future and it will be good to know how it worked out for you.

russya

I have used asa in the past but my windows install on my Mac isn’t working anymore.

Looking at them I think they will fit, but any issues I run into I will be sure to post on here. If these don’t workout, I’m probably going to try and source some 4th gen 3.8 manifolds to see if the rumors of them being better than the 3rd gen is true.

russya

So here's the follow up on the tubular manifold install. I had a shop install them a couple weeks ago and I've been driving with them ever since. I wanted to get a few miles on them before I gave an initial impression. So far, they have been great. They have a noticeable improvement in power and no downsides that I can see. I asked the mechanic who put them on about the fit, and he said that it seemed that it was going to be tight around the starter but after he snugged all the bolts up, everything lined up as good as stock. I did forget to tell him to drill out the egr fitting(I did know that it needed to be done, I just forgot), but beyond that there were no issues on the install. I was hoping it was going to alleviate my cylinder bank 2 lean issue, but it did not. I won't go into too much detail on that since it isn't relevant to what people want to know about these headers, I'll start another thread for that. I'm attaching a few pics of them in the engine bay, I don't have any underneath pictures, but if anyone wants them, I can easily jack it up and take a few.

Overall, so far they have turned out better than I hoped, and if they can last without cracking, I think they are the perfect solution for those of us that need to replace the manifolds and pass emissions and therefore can't get rid of the pre cats.

Passenger Side

Drivers Side. Sorry about the crappy picture, it's crowded there with the steering column and dipstick in the way.

mahlerous

Thanks for the update @russya. I don't see any heat shield or wrap - is that intentional?

I'd be interested in following your P0431 cylinder bank 2 issue, but don't see your thread on it.

russya

There isn’t any provisions for mounting the stock heatshields on the headers. And I did think about wrapping them, but honestly I just ran out of time. If I have any issues with heat I will let you guys know, but so far it’s been fine.

I haven’t started the thread yet, waiting on installing a few more parts and then I’ll tackle that problem.

SONICMASD

Adventurer
This is awesome, thanks for doing the legwork on this and posting your findings. I just moved to a county with no emissions requirement so as soon as my pre cats give me trouble or when doing some other power upgrades I'll probably import the non pre-cat version of these headers. Any word on the horsepower number difference?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles