3rd Gen Toyota Pickup - Budget Expo Build

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
Hi Richard! Good job on the build and attention to detail!

So I have a couple questions on your ARB light setup.:
How do you like the combo spot/flood lights running together?
Which side of the vehicle do you have the spot light on? (I'll assume the flood is on the other side of the vehicle... lol)

I really like the flood/spot combo the light blends in together perfectly. Honestly I have no idea what side either is on haha.

WEK207

Took me a couple of nights, but I've been through the entire thread now. Really enjoy the thought process behind your build!

Bulldawg901

New to the forum and about to start a very similar build on my '94. I've been loving this thread and all the info!

I noticed on the above pics that your 3rd member is much 'cleaner' than the rest. Did you have to replace it to regear from the 4:10's to 4:88's or did you just give it a rinse while it was out of the truck?

itschrisb

Awesome build thread and story so far. I just picked up a 94 single cab that I will be building up for exploration and this truck is a big inspiration about whats possible. Looking forward to whats in store for you guys!

DeskToGlory

Adventurer
Warn M8000-S Winch Install

Now that our new ARB bumper is installed we finally have a perfect place to mount a winch! The Warn M8000-S (c/w synthetic rope) is a fairly lightweight addition to the truck (especially since I have unloaded a ton of gear since we came home) and I'm stoked to have another recovery device to get us out of trouble. Now we can go track down some deep snow to play in this winter!

warnwinch-1.jpg

warnwinch-2.jpg

warnwinch-3.jpg

warnwinch-4.jpg

warnwinch-5.jpg

michel77

Adventurer
ARB Lights Mounting

Hey Richard,

Quick question, were you able to mount the ARB lights in the pre-drilled/tapped bolt holes in the bumper or did you drill new holes for them? Reason for asking is that I bought the ARB "knock-offs" (ARB's are cool, but a little steep $$$..) which are the same diameter and use the same bracket setup as well from what I can tell but no way I can mount them that far back. Looks like yours are further forward as well?

Amazon link to the lights I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0194RVUJE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1

michel77

Adventurer
Are those flood or spot lights?

If that's directed at me, than they are both. They come with two different snap-on lens covers, one for spot and one to horizontally diffuse the lights for more of a flood beam. Obviously I haven't mounted and tested yet, but once I do (or if I do depending on whether these work with my bumper) I will update in the Old's Cool thread where I usually hang out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier