3rd Gen Montero Limited 1.5" suspension Lift

rolofoto

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if any of you cool lads have any photos of a 3rd gen montero limited (mine is '03 montero limited) 1.5" suspension lift installed? I just want to see a comparison between the 2" and the 1.5" lift look.

Thanks!

P.S. What is the height of the Montero's stock suspension?

rolofoto

Awesome look mate! I ordered OME suspension kit today (1.5" lift) for my monty. I can't wait to try them :)

And is yours the 1.5" lift? Or the 2" lift?

P.S. Will Bilstein's struts give you a smoother ride compare to the OME struts? What's the reason why you opted for bilstein's instead of the OME for the struts

surfrig

Surfrig
Thanks Mate! here she is today at a kite surfing contest in La Cruz de Huanacaxtle Nayarit, Mexico.
I had read on this forum and elsewhere that the Bilsteins might be preferable to the OME shocks and I have enjoyed Bilsteins on other vehicles in the past. The OME springs that I opted for give a 1.5 inch lift. It does exactly what I had hoped for. Much nicer on road ,over the too common Tope (speed bump) here in Mex and a nicer ride on washboard/gravel/dirt at high speed.
BTW I just Towed a 6'x12' enclosed cargo trailer that weighed 2750 lbs on a certified scale to my new house in Punta Mita, Nayarit, Mexico and the Montero performed great !
I did add brakes to the trailer.
I added a couple of sunset shots from my new back yard.
And a shot of my dog Yogi cuz everybody likes big dogs right?516707516710516712516714

rolofoto

Great photos! How big is your tires? I have a 285/75/16 wheels and I opted for a 1.5 inch lift from OME. I am still waiting for the parts to arrive but I hope that it is enough for the wheel size I have.

surfrig

Surfrig
I am running 265/75/16 Falken Wild Peak AT3 tires.
They are getting a little louder now with 10 k miles but I still like them a lot.
I think that there would be room for the 285s but it will be close.
Good luck

mbialick

hey guys! i just got all my parts. The rear springs OME 2917 look to have a left and right, one spring is longer than the other and labeled A and B. The guys with RHD are doing the taller spring on the right side with fuel tank and driver seat all on the right. What are you guys dong?

SONICMASD

Adventurer
hey guys! i just got all my parts. The rear springs OME 2917 look to have a left and right, one spring is longer than the other and labeled A and B. The guys with RHD are doing the taller spring on the right side with fuel tank and driver seat all on the right. What are you guys dong?

This was just discussed last week on the Monteros USA FB page and the consensus was to put the taller spring on the Driver's side to accommodate for Driver weight and battery.

mbialick

Thank you! OME responded to me and also recommended the A spring (taller) on the driver side.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior