3rd gen headlight assemblies on eBay

Epyx1977

Does anyone have experience with the aftermarket headlight assemblies being sold on EBay? Are they worth buying? Some are fairly inexpensive so the my fear is that the item is garbage or that it will not fit like OEM.

I tried to search but did not find anything.

Thanks!

SONICMASD

Adventurer
I've heard good things about them but the thing is there are a lot of different sellers and brands so it can vary I'm sure. Another thing I've heard is that they yellow faster than the original oem units so spraying on a layer of uv protectant clear coat might be a good preventative measure.

I've got a set of headlights on the way from China for testing and will report back on what I think.

Epyx1977

Thanks! The pair I am looking at are less than $200 and with bulbs included. They say led but I think this is a mistake. The description also says the lenses are made of glass and not plastic. This seems unlikely as I have not seen glass headlights used on cars since forever.

Looking forward to a good report before pulling the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat related, I just received a pair of cheap ebay fog lights from overseas, and they did not come with the metal reflector, like the OEM assembly.

I'm still going to replace my current cracked set, but something to be aware of.

FullMonte

Adventurer
Hey guys,
I bought the eBay Angel eyes for 379$ back in November. they're great to look at, but not full LED. I think they're worth it, planning on changing the headlight bulbs and high beams to full LED or something brighter.
054693670403116235e905c34edb5862.jpg
3dbc6f6e5c694e542c6e62c0beec4d43.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Epyx1977

Hello - any word on the EBay headlights? I’m debating pulling the trigger on a pair vs buying OEM from a parted out Montero and then polishing. Price would be about the same - $150.

Not sure about quality on either end. Old ones might be as bad as the ones I have and the Ebay knockoff could be garbage as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herksute

I am buying the Ebay ones soon, I have bought Ebay headlights for other vehicles.
A tip is always over "seal" them.
I always add a bead of clear or marine silicone to the seams, never had an issue. I have used Autoxito bulbs, in my other rigs the pattern was fine, no scattering and blinding on coming drivers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz