3rd Gen 4Runner DIY Dashboard Accessory Mount

3rd Gen 4Runner DIY Dashboard Accessory Mount I made with 22 gage sheet metal from Home Depot and 3m double stick tape. This holds my iPhone 8 Plus on a Steelie Magnetic Mount, radios and an iPad Mini 4 in a DIY mounting clip. If you make one of these, make sure you use a tape that is not going to melt in the dashboard heat. I had to change some of the tape out. I think I got the wrong stuff. The white 3M mounting tape won't melt.

Full build video:

m0pLxQYl.jpg

T2hSOnkl.jpg

qjmymYOl.jpg

phsycle

Adventurer
Instead of the tape, or maybe in addition to, wouldn't it be much more secure with a few small bolts? Looks like you should be able to easily drill out a few mounting points on the dash where you've got it mounted currently.

I had a phone mount with the 3M tape. It was very secure at first, but over time, with the summer heat, it eventually gave away. Now it's on there with a secure L bracket bolted to the dash.

Instead of the tape, or maybe in addition to, wouldn't it be much more secure with a few small bolts? Looks like you should be able to easily drill out a few mounting points on the dash where you've got it mounted currently.

I had a phone mount with the 3M tape. It was very secure at first, but over time, with the summer heat, it eventually gave away. Now it's on there with a secure L bracket bolted to the dash.

The white foam mounting tape works well. Some of the black tape will melt. I may resort to drilling eventually, but the foam tape is holding.

-M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thezentree

pretend redneck
I remember seeing this on T4R and someone gave you a truckload of ******** for not filing the edges enough for their liking.

Was the tape you used 3M VHB tape?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94