37's on a Range Rover Sport

Ian_Barry

Observer
Misunderstood?

With it being a unibody the frame and body are one in the same with self contained suspension carriages. A simple body lift does nothing with the driveshafts, steering knuckles, etc. All of that is addressed in this build. Also, the engine is directly connected to the suspension carriages so even that has to be addressed. This is not a simple body lift.

I think you might have misread/understood what I was trying to indicate with the (possibly too) subtle italics on simply. As you clearly understand, there's no simple way to "body lift" the truck; in your posts you outline that it retains the stock suspension - it is simply a body lift.

In the more recent responses, you mention that drive shaft and steering knuckles are addressed (as well as other components). Can you please expand on that? I couldn't find the details in your previous posts, nor when searching for J Austin's work (although the H1 work is cool, it's not super informative). Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, or J Auston is rightly interested in maintaining his proprietary information.

Cutting to the chase; I'd like to know how the drive train and suspension are different from stock? Other than the simple idea (and complicated execution) of lifting the body, potentially extending the wiring loom, what new/reinforced components are there?

Thank you,

Ian

Last edited:

Observer
I think you might have misread/understood what I was trying to indicate with the (possibly too) subtle italics on simply. As you clearly understand, there's no simple way to "body lift" the truck; in your posts you outline that it retains the stock suspension - it is simply a body lift.

In the more recent responses, you mention that drive shaft and steering knuckles are addressed (as well as other components). Can you please expand on that? I couldn't find the details in your previous posts, nor when searching for J Austin's work (although the H1 work is cool, it's not super informative). Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place, or J Auston is rightly interested in maintaining his proprietary information.

Cutting to the chase; I'd like to know how the drive train and suspension are different from stock? Other than the simple idea (and complicated execution) of lifting the body, potentially extending the wiring loom, what new/reinforced components are there?

Thank you,

Ian

Off the top of my head...new front drive shaft, re-alignment bracket for rear, added cv's to steering, motor mounts, steering knuckles extended, front air shocks extend, rear shocks extended, modified differentials, and suspension spacer cages. I'm missing a few things and will have to ask Jack.

Ian_Barry

Observer
Off the top of my head...new front drive shaft, re-alignment bracket for rear, added cv's to steering, motor mounts, steering knuckles extended, front air shocks extend, rear shocks extended, modified differentials, and suspension spacer cages. I'm missing a few things and will have to ask Jack.

Thank you for the quick reply. In your follow up if you could dial in on the extension to the air shocks and differential mods (plus other things of interest). Are the CV's not reinforced?

Cheers,

Ian

soflorovers

Sir, I commend you on this build. While it isn't for everyone, I believe that you are doing a spectacular job demonstrating the upper limits of this platform. Any updates/videos of it on a trail?

nickegg

Moab

Any pictures from your trip to Moab? I live in Cherry Creek and see you occasionally. It's always some good shock value seeing you roll down the street on 35s (now 37s) in your RR. It's cool to see that you had the vision for it and had a thought out build put together.

Observer
Any pictures from your trip to Moab? I live in Cherry Creek and see you occasionally. It's always some good shock value seeing you roll down the street on 35s (now 37s) in your RR. It's cool to see that you had the vision for it and had a thought out build put together.

i have some Moab pics that I'll post soon. I just had shoulder surgery (which sucks!) so Ive been out of it this past week.

spikemd

Explorer
Awesome lift! Definitely not an easy bolt on solution but looks like it works. I think I would prefer 35s but u definitely pushed the envelope. With any articulation don't they rub? The pics look tight in there. Great to see a newer sport getting dirty!

Observer
Awesome lift! Definitely not an easy bolt on solution but looks like it works. I think I would prefer 35s but u definitely pushed the envelope. With any articulation don't they rub? The pics look tight in there. Great to see a newer sport getting dirty!

Thanks! Even at full articulation there's no rubbing at all

usmcav8er

Reviving an old thread here but saw you driving around Parker yesterday while I was visiting my brother. Good to see it’s still driving around and doing well! He said he sees you often and that it will “haul ass” on the highway...

uzz32soarer

I think awesome is an understatement. Good on you for having the balls and the cash to do these mods. The car looks fantastic and from your own observations, drives well and is capable. The engineering hurdles we would have to do to get that through registration in Australia would be horrendous, but fortunately you live in the country where almost anything goes. I visited Moab last year and loved it. Do you have pictures of the Rangie playing at Moab?

Observer
Reviving an old thread here but saw you driving around Parker yesterday while I was visiting my brother. Good to see it's still driving around and doing well! He said he sees you often and that it will “haul ***” on the highway...

Uh oh. The "hauls ***" comment concerns me since my son has been driving it!

Observer
I think awesome is an understatement. Good on you for having the balls and the cash to do these mods. The car looks fantastic and from your own observations, drives well and is capable. The engineering hurdles we would have to do to get that through registration in Australia would be horrendous, but fortunately you live in the country where almost anything goes. I visited Moab last year and loved it. Do you have pictures of the Rangie playing at Moab?

I've been really please with it. It has almost 40k miles on it (20k after being lifted) and we have not had a single problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles