377 on the RTI, is that good?

45Kevin

Adventurer
I went to local Jeep show today and they had a RTI ramp.

So I coughed up my $5 and gave it a shot.

377. I was the lowest by far, but at 135 WB and 32" tires, is it that bad?

What numbers are you guys getting?

I would think the solid axle rigs would be getting much higher numbers.527213

Theoretician

Adventurer
I haven’t taken my truck on a ramp yet, but from my research other vehicles rate as follows on a 20deg ramp:

100 series LC: 573
80 series LC: 593
2016 F150 4x4: 420
2016 JKUR: 724
16 Tacoma TRDOR: 492
16 Power Wagon: 538
18 Colorado ZR2: 489
2020 Tremor (rumor): 436

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
A longer wheelbase is a detriment to ramp scores but a wider track helps. If you want to boost your score, remove the front left bumpstop and the left rear shock. Disconnecting the sway bar(s) will help too.

I've never put much stock in RTI. If you have a locked rear axle, you'll get where you fit with or without crazy articulation. I've never had to drive up a ramp on the trail.

b. rock

I thought they factored wheelbase length into the #? As in it was how far up the ramp you got, times your wheelbase, then something else.

Anyway, if you're not taking it on hard trails, there's not a huge need for tons of flex.

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
I thought they factored wheelbase length into the #? As in it was how far up the ramp you got, times your wheelbase, then something else...

Close. If you were correct about it being multiplied, a longer wheelbase would be a benefit. Instead, it's divided into the distance traveled up the ramp, so it's a detriment. It makes sense because if it were factored differently the ramp would essentially be a case of "longest wheelbase wins."

(Distance traveled / wheelbase) x 1000 = RTI

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
There's flex, and then there's just floppy axles.

Ever seen a TJ that's flexed so much that it's springs fall loose. I doubt that corner, is going to give any grip. Landrover Defenders had very little flex (most of the time), and they do OK.

b. rock

Close. If you were correct about it being multiplied, a longer wheelbase would be a benefit. Instead, it's divided into the distance traveled up the ramp, so it's a detriment. It makes sense because if it were factored differently the ramp would essentially be a case of "longest wheelbase wins."

(Distance traveled / wheelbase) x 1000 = RTI

Ah got it, thanks. I knew it was in there somewhere. I'd be pretty curious to see a few of the other conversions on a ramp as a comparison though.

wjeeper

RTI numbers don't mean squat! A well balanced suspension is where it's at! It might look cool on a ramp, but when it handles like a there wheeled street cleaner around town not so much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles