37" Toyo RT vs Falken AT3W road noise?

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
I'm about to order a set of replacement tires and had settled on the 37x12.50r18 Falken AT3W. I just noticed that SimpleTire has the Toyo RT for only $10 more per tire.

I've been running Toyo MTs and I'm fed up with the noise and the drag being an MT. Looking for something quieter with less rolling resistance for highway days. I had settled on the Falkens because i just can't bring myself to pay $1700 for tires. Now that I can get the RTs for an equivalent price, they are back in the running.

How are they in the noise department when they start wearing? I've read that they are equivalent to the MTs from some people and that they are quieter than the ATs from others. Which is it?

I've had both Toyo ATs and MTs on this truck and they are night and day different.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'm about to order a set of replacement tires and had settled on the 37x12.50r18 Falken AT3W. I just noticed that SimpleTire has the Toyo RT for only $10 more per tire.

I've been running Toyo MTs and I'm fed up with the noise and the drag being an MT. Looking for something quieter with less rolling resistance for highway days. I had settled on the Falkens because i just can't bring myself to pay $1700 for tires. Now that I can get the RTs for an equivalent price, they are back in the running.

How are they in the noise department when they start wearing? I've read that they are equivalent to the MTs from some people and that they are quieter than the ATs from others. Which is it?

I've had both Toyo ATs and MTs on this truck and they are night and day different.
My friend has the 35" RT's. Quiet especially compared to the MT's.

Explorerinil

Observer
I ran a set of 37inch RT for along time, they are pretty quiet, not as loud as the MT but louder than the Toyo AT. They aren’t bad at all. You’ll be happy.

LivinAnAdvntr

I am on my third set. Road noise is minimal, tread holds up, and they are more than capable for most. I have ran BFGs and Nittos, in the past and the Toyo R/T is the only thing I will put on our vehicles now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jadmt

ignore button user
while not apples to apples but I run Toyo 35x12.5-17 RT's and 255/80-17 falcon at3w's and no comparison as the Falkens are much quieter. I have also run several pairs of ST Maxx's and they are quieter than the RT's as well. I do know both the RT and ST Maxx's get louder as they get worn. I do 5 tire rotations and never go longer than 4000 miles between rotations and usually at 3000 miles. My biggest beef with the toys was the price was so jacked up but now that Les Schwab lost exclusive rights in the NW I think they will come down because tire buyer.com and discount tire can sell them

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Just a thought, if you want a quiet MT tire that is quieter than most 3 season tires and half the price of Toyos or Falkens, Patagonia MT might an option to consider.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Just a thought, if you want a quiet MT tire that is quieter than most 3 season tires and half the price of Toyos or Falkens, Patagonia MT might an option to consider.

Not made in an 18" 37 and i'm looking to move away from MTs. Thanks for the tip, though.

nater

Adventurer
I have the AT3W's in 37x12.5r17 (so basically exactly the same size as you are looking at). They are quieter than my old K02's, and better in the rain. Snow testing will be coming up, but so far, I love them. My K02's quickly got loud, but I have seen no such reports for the AT3W's.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I run the A/TW3's albeit in a 33" diameter and find them to be a very quiet tire.

Last edited:

Darwin

Explorer
I have 37x12.5x18 at2w's . Can't compare them to RT's but have run MT tires in the past including Toyo, these tires silent for me, or they can't be heard over the regular motor noise.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Toyo mts loud? I run 37 inch Toyo muds and believe they are the quietest mt truck tire that I have ever experienced. Just my 2 bits..?

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Maybe so. After 30k on this set, I’m tired of the noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was running mud terrains I likened driving the Jeep to driving a dump truck in ride and road noise. Now with all terrains it's a moderately quieter dump truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles