37" Toyo RT vs Falken AT3W road noise?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Toyo mts loud? I run 37 inch Toyo muds and believe they are the quietest mt truck tire that I have ever experienced. Just my 2 bits..?
Everything's subjective. I can hear a guy up the street coming in his new Powerstroke with 37" Toyo MT's from 1\2 a block away. With the better road isolation of the newer rigs it's probably quiet in the cab.
I sold mine with plenty of wear left at 19K because of the noise,drag,and 1.5 mpg decrease. With 10" of rain annually here mud tires don't have anything to do.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
while not apples to apples but I run Toyo 35x12.5-17 RT's and 255/80-17 falcon at3w's and no comparison as the Falkens are much quieter. I have also run several pairs of ST Maxx's and they are quieter than the RT's as well. I do know both the RT and ST Maxx's get louder as they get worn. I do 5 tire rotations and never go longer than 4000 miles between rotations and usually at 3000 miles. My biggest beef with the toys was the price was so jacked up but now that Les Schwab lost exclusive rights in the NW I think they will come down because tire buyer.com and discount tire can sell them
Your Falkens have a much smaller contact patch patch being so small. Less contact less noise.

jadmt

ignore button user
Your Falkens have a much smaller contact patch patch being so small. Less contact less noise.
hence the not apple to apples :) The ST Maxx's that I run are 315/70-17 and are the about the same width as the R/T's35x12.5-17 and also quieter. (I hate tire threads because I have run way too many sets of tires in the last few years it is an addition)

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
hence the not apple to apples :) The ST Maxx's that I run are 315/70-17 and are the about the same width as the R/T's35x12.5-17 and also quieter. (I hate tire threads because I have run way too many sets of tires in the last few years it is an addition)
Yeah,I'd get new tires yearly if I could. I spoke to a guy with Falken Wildpeak AT3W 315-70-17's. He knows a manager of Discount Tire who wanted to see how they do on heavy trucks. He only has 7K on them so far but likes them.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
So my new Falkens came in today. 37x12.50R18. They are way more aggressive in person than in the pics. I like it.

These were really for my 2019 Ram that's on order but it looks like they'll need to ride on my 2014 for a couple of weeks while I wait for the new truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier