3600 mile, 3-week trip with the trailer

Cascade Wanderer

Adventurer
Bought my trailer lightly-used a bit over a year ago. Took it on a few weekend trips, but didn't really need it. This time I hooked the Jackwagon Basecamp to the Jeep and headed out for the southwest, doing a big swing from my home in central Washington. The Jeep is a 2012 two-door, 4.10 gears, 6-speed manual and 33" (285/75/16) BFG KO-2's.

It worked out very well! On pavement the little trailer followed dutifully behind. On some steeper grades I had to downshift to 5th or 4th to maintain a decent highway pace. Handling was barely impacted.

Off pavement, I was quite pleased. The trailer has a nice, articulating hitch that allowed it to easily follow the Jeep. The Jackwagon has a good 17" or so of ground clearance too - and that helped. This is the longest/farthest I've ever towed a trailer, and the most use I've made of one off-pavement. I couldn't be much happier! The trailer allowed me to carry more gear, essential for keeping my wife pleased with our trip, and was also able to hold more fuel, food, and water than we'd ever need.

The White Rim Road, Canyonlands National Park, was probably the toughest challenge for the trailer, and it did just fine:
p0ggTuul.jpg

I am glad that I didn't have to back up here...
kEwXokfl.jpg

iQeggJkl.jpg

AUBkJpll.jpg

We also took it to 9 mile Canyon, Flagstaff, Sedona, Wupatki, the Grand Canyon and Death Valley. It performed just fine, essentially unnoticed behind the Jeep most of the time.

Just a short report. Nothing adverse re the little trailer at all. We are rather fond of the little rascal!

Regards, Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94