33's on Silverado with 2" Level Kit, Possible???

swrider

Observer
Hey everyone, thanks for stopping by.
I'm in a bit of a bind that i need to figure out quickly. Sorry if this has been asked, couldn't do a quick search.
I need new tires, and I was waiting until i got the most out of the stock ones before I moved on to something better.
Well last night I got to my truck after work only to see that I had a flat. No biggie, changed it out and was on my way.
Until this morning when I looked at it and saw that it was shot to hell. Worn down to the wires, literally lol.
Sooo, time for new tires.
The truck in question is a 2014 Silverado to which I will install a 2" RC levelling kit.
Has anyone out there currently running, or have run, this setup on a similar truck with 33's?
I am specifically looking at KO2's in 275/70R18, on factory rims.
I've heard yes and no's from different ppl that i know, but of course, they don't have the trucks anymore, sooo...
If you have or you do, i would appreciate any tips and or comments.
Thanks everyone!

phsycle

Adventurer
Hmm. I thought most, if not all 1/2 tons fit 33’s stock, even without a lift. I fit that exact same size KO2’s on my old 2015 F150, bone stock. Zero rubbing.

Grassland

Ye Olde square wheel wells of the Chevy make them a bit fussier. The rule of thumb was on stock offset you could run a 33 with a 2" level.
Even with some milder aftermarket offsets as well.
I'm unfortunately not as familiar with that body style Chevy to say 100% but I think you would be OK on stock wheels.

I'm in a bit of a bind that i need to figure out quickly. Sorry if this has been asked, couldn't do a quick search.
I need new tires, and I was waiting until i got the most out of the stock ones before I moved on to something better.
Well last night I got to my truck after work only to see that I had a flat. No biggie, changed it out and was on my way.
Until this morning when I looked at it and saw that it was shot to hell. Worn down to the wires, literally lol.
The truck in question is a 2014 Silverado to which I will install a 2" RC levelling kit.
Has anyone out there currently running, or have run, this setup on a similar truck with 33's?
I've heard yes and no's from different ppl that i know, but of course, they don't have the trucks anymore, sooo...
Thanks everyone!
You should be good. I ran skinny 33s on Method Racing 17s (wider scrub radius) on my '14 GMC 1500 with 1.5" Bilstein level. I just ziptied the rear of wheel well liners back slightly to get rid of minor rubbing, mainly when I get ice buildup in the winter. Other than that, no clearance issues.

jbaucom

They'll fit with a level. Pretty good chance they'd fit a stock 4x4 without the level if you zip tied the wheel well liner back. There was plenty of room on my 2014 GMC with 275/70R17s and no level. The issue is that many who are into modifying from stock want aftermarket wheels and wider tires, and that complicates things because they introduce so many variables.

AmanoutWest

You should be fine with a 2 inch level. I have a 2014 Silverado with the 1.85" Bilstein level. Yokohama Geolander MT G003 in 285/70R17. Those measure 32.9" tall and 11.6" wide. They do not rub in any direction.

1stDeuce

Explorer
IMO, if they don't "fit" w/o a level, they won't truly fit with one either... A so called leveling kit doesn't prevent the tire from being anywhere it can go on a stock truck, it just raises that static ride height. (And puts your low beams in everyone's eyes because we're all evidently too dumb to aim lights these days...)

If by "fit" you mean they won't rub when you drive carefully to the mall, then yes, a leveling kit might help that scenario, along with running the stock wheels. I would still suggest that a little trimming of plastic, and perhaps pulling back the wheel well liner would be required for a proper fit. In my mind, making them fit stock means that if you do encounter an event that compresses the suspension to where the tire would have made contact, you have no issues. If you skip this, and enjoy the "fit" on smooth paved roads, and then have to ventur into the rough, whether on purpose or by accident, you're possibly going to do damage to the truck regardless of your leveling kit...

Just my $0.02

ricoisme26

A guy that used to work with me had a '14-'15 body style leveled with 35x12.50r18 tires on the OEM wheels. don't know if he did any trimming but the truck looked good, also can't comment on how it rode or how it performed off road if it ever ventured off road

Smileyshaun

Observer
It’s usually always the width of the tire that makes them difficult to fit . A 35x10.50 will fit on most chevys with a leveling kit but a 33x11.50 would require trimming to fit with the same lift .

dbhost

Thanks everyone!

You may want to check with the folks on the Chevy Truck forums, but to my knowledge, all full size half ton 4x4 pickups should fit 33x12.5 size tires with no lift, and would have room to spare with a level. HOWEVER I do not pay much attention to GMs, and you did not mention that I noticed, if your truck was 2wd for 4x4... If a 2wd you will likely need more lift and likely trimming...

jbaucom

You may want to check with the folks on the Chevy Truck forums, but to my knowledge, all full size half ton 4x4 pickups should fit 33x12.5 size tires with no lift, and would have room to spare with a level. HOWEVER I do not pay much attention to GMs, and you did not mention that I noticed, if your truck was 2wd for 4x4... If a 2wd you will likely need more lift and likely trimming...

I don't know that anyone is fitting 33x12.5 (approx. 315 width) tires with no lift and no level. That's a pretty wide tire for a stock truck, to not rub when compressed at full lock. I'm pretty sure it won't rub when just driving down the street, but that's not exactly the definition of "doesn't rub." A 33x11.5 (285 width) should fit any new, stock, full-size 4x4 on OE wheels, since current models offer 33's as a factory option (usually 275/60r20). The K2 generation GM 1500's were a snug fit for a 285/70r17 or 285/65r18 without a lift or level, even on stock wheels. Allegedly they will fit without rubbing on stock wheels, but there's enough conflicting information that I wouldn't count on it - tire width was the issue, not height.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne