332 US PRO/Cheap Peli or Hardigg Alternative?

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
There are dozens of Pelican-style knockoffs on Amazon. I needed a couple of small boxes last year to fit specific spaces, so I just ordered sizes that would fit, without regard to brand. The two brands that I got are very serviceable and so far have been waterproof. One is mounted as a small tool/spares box in the engine compartment of my truck. My local electronic geek supply also has a good selection of similar boxes and they all seem to be well made.

Just looked up the ones I got from Amazon. They are labeled Ibex and Rakshak. The Rakshak is the one hard mounted in my engine compartment. Both come in various sizes.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WXVTKLY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MV4JAJK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The ones on MonoPrice look a lot like the Rakshak, same label, same positoning, etc.

Last edited:

robert

Expedition Leader
There are a ton of these various Chinese made cases available around here but the hasps and hinges on most of them don't look nearly as durable as a Pelican or other premium case. I wouldn't buy them with the intention of using them on the exterior of the vehicle or with heavy or valuable gear but for lightweight stuff like GoPros and accesories, kitchen stuff, etc I'm sure they'll hold up fine, at least until one of the latches breaks.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Id check some military surplus sites for hardigg cases. I bought two MASSIVE ones in great shape for $80 bucks. These suckers have wheels and one can kit all of my recovery gear, tools, gloves, manuals. and spares.

JackMCollins

I have one and I use it for my photography gear but it is bigger with wheels and a handle. Perfectly good quality for the price, have sat on it but is a little flimsy on the top of it so would not do it a lot.

I wouldn't like to keep it out in the wet stuff for long but there is a rubber seal and the case does mate up well with no obvious gaps.
The pressure valve style button seems useless on mine due to the fact that it is an o ring topped screw but functions as a valve to let pressure out.

If you want a cheap hard case, I would consider going with it but obviously price represents quality

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94