3000 miles, 2.5 weeks - Family Road Trip

boyfester

Observer
Great report and photos! What software do you use for filtering and resizing? Kudos to you and your wife on bringing the little ones along on such a long road trip. The longest trips I did with my son and daughter when they were that long was only about 4 hours (Orange County, CA to Anza Borrego Desert State Park, CA). I waited til my son and daughter were out of diapers and they didn't need a baby seat (takes up so much room) when I started the big trips.

Bummer that you were on the road when my son and I made our trip and didn't get to read about our report on Hardscrabble Camp's bugs. It was pretty overwhelming to say the least but we at least had bug spray. As you probably did too, we had the entire Hardscrabble area to ourselves and while we had Camp A reserved, we drove down to Camp B, to see if it was better in terms of shade and less ants (Camp A was on top of an anthill). We thought Camp A had more shade and we remedied the ants by strategically placing a few Twinkies away from our camp which they all migrated to.

Arches NP is great! There is a great side trail going east-west into the park off of Highway 191 that has dinosaur tracks on it too. I can't remember the name of it but I'm sure someone in this forum knows.

daPitbull

Adventurer
Thanks! I use Lightroom. To be honest the longest we've been with all three is to Tahoe, 3 hours if you're lucky, double that with traffic. We built the trip to be an adventure for them all, sprinkle in lots of stops at random playgrounds and it all worked out well.

We could have waited until they were all older but my wife and I both are the types to "try it out and see what happens" kinda people. One kid in diapers wasn't too bad though. Agree on the car seats though! You don't even want to know the stuff I found under their seats when we unpacked!

There were a lot of ants, harmless enough but annoying. Hardscrabble b had an ant hill close by the truck, which unfortunately had the only tree.

Great report and photos! What software do you use for filtering and resizing? Kudos to you and your wife on bringing the little ones along on such a long road trip. The longest trips I did with my son and daughter when they were that long was only about 4 hours (Orange County, CA to Anza Borrego Desert State Park, CA). I waited til my son and daughter were out of diapers and they didn't need a baby seat (takes up so much room) when I started the big trips.

Bummer that you were on the road when my son and I made our trip and didn't get to read about our report on Hardscrabble Camp's bugs. It was pretty overwhelming to say the least but we at least had bug spray. As you probably did too, we had the entire Hardscrabble area to ourselves and while we had Camp A reserved, we drove down to Camp B, to see if it was better in terms of shade and less ants (Camp A was on top of an anthill). We thought Camp A had more shade and we remedied the ants by strategically placing a few Twinkies away from our camp which they all migrated to.

Arches NP is great! There is a great side trail going east-west into the park off of Highway 191 that has dinosaur tracks on it too. I can't remember the name of it but I'm sure someone in this forum knows.

FlagRS

Gone to the dogs.
2nd Leg: Grand Canyon

IMG_6191-2534x1689.jpg

awesome report and what a crew!

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Looks like you had a blast and you family thoroughly enjoyed it. Best looking 4 runner I've seen, such a beast!

GHI

Adventurer
Dang man, what a blast of a good time. I like your style. I can especially relate to this though. "On the way home from the trip my wife started looking up offroad teardrop trailers!" Fingers crossed eh.

daPitbull

Adventurer
Looks like you had a blast and you family thoroughly enjoyed it. Best looking 4 runner I've seen, such a beast!
We all had our moments, but we all had fun. Thanks

Dang man, what a blast of a good time. I like your style. I can especially relate to this though. "On the way home from the trip my wife started looking up offroad teardrop trailers!" Fingers crossed eh.
We'll see!:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94