**SOLD** FS 2001 Ford Excursion 7.3l PSD 4x4 - SLC, UT

WarnerD9

Builder
Summary - Selling our family's favorite, "The Scourge", life changes and I'm onto other projects, just not using this enough to justify keeping it. Do it all, haul it all anywhere in comfort, no compromises, was the primary concept for this vehicle. There are certainly less expensive ways to build these out, but I wanted to do things right and make sure that compromises wouldn't jeopardize compromising the experiences it was intended to provide.

The vehicle is located in SLC, UT. I live in Dallas, TX. I don't have a bunch of photos because this thing is a workhorse and not a trending glamour model.

Major Points:
  • 2001 Ford Excursion - Limited
  • Current mileage ~103k
  • California car until 2017, I purchased it when it had ~ 90k miles and it was bone stock. All upgrades have been professionally installed during my ownership. Factory recommended services have been and are current. I have nearly all of the receipts for the parts and professional installation. I own the vehicle outright, so no games or anything to hide on the title. I bought it from a dealer who was the second owner. I will email a copy of the CarFax to serious buyers.
  • VIN: 1FMSU43F41EA09465
  • Drivetrain
    • 7.3L Powerstroke Turbo Diesel, new Wicked Wheel turbo and Banks exhaust at ~98k miles​
    • Automatic Transmission + Gear Vendors Overdrive - See link for more info, these are awesome!!!​
    • IMG_0381.JPG
    • 4x4​
    • 4:56 Nitro Ring & Pinion and differential cover​
    • ARB Air Lockers - front and rear​
  • Carli suspension system
  • 35/12.5/17 BFG KO2s on Black Rhino Wheels, (no center caps)
  • IMG_0443.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
  • ARB Twin Air Compressor
  • (4) Rhino-Rack load bars + Foxwing awning (RTT not included)
  • (2) Vision X - Light Cannons
  • IMG_1631.JPG
  • Wiring for USB ports on the dash w/RAM mount and power ports for fridge/freezer in the cargo area (TRX7 not included)
  • IMG_3375.JPG
    IMG_3372.JPG
  • Headlight update/upgrade
  • IMG_3373.JPG
    IMG_3374.JPG

Known Issues:
  • Is the paint perfect and shiny without any dents or scratches? NO! Overall it's in great shape, all things considered. If I were to keep it I would have it repainted or at least repair the paint flaking to preserve it. The paint is flaking above the windshield, in the door-jams, and where a pressure washer got a little aggressive on the hood. This is a common issue for nearly all American made vehicles of this area due to the types of water-based clear coat used during the time.
  • Normal wear and tear/aging - specifics items include, driver's seat leather and steering wheel, rear cargo doors, drivers mirror housing has a crack in it, running boards have a crick in them.
Price $30,000 USD - FIRM

I'm happy to work with serious buyers. If my asking price makes you wonder or upset, this isn't for you and that's fine. If you know what you'd be getting for what I'm asking and it's what you're looking for, what an opportunity! Save the time, headache and extra money I have already put into it and get out and enjoy it.​

Last edited:

TexasTundra

Observer
Sorry to see it go Tony.

I'll just add that I've known the seller for a few years and have purchased one of his previous builds. He's a stand up guy and you can expect it will be exactly as he says it is. He also doesn't do anything half way and doesn't cut any corners with his vehicles, and he builds them all the right way.

GLWS.

tkrrox

Can I ask you how you like the gear vendor with 4wd and have you towed heavy with it? I have a 01 f250 about like your set up. 35” w/ 4.30’s it does ok towing but the gaps in the 4 speed is painful. I’ve been reading about them and can’t seem to find any first hand information with a diesel and 4wd. Thanks. Beautiful rig BTW!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WarnerD9

Builder
Can I ask you how you like the gear vendor with 4wd and have you towed heavy with it? I have a 01 f250 about like your set up. 35” w/ 4.30’s it does ok towing but the gaps in the 4 speed is painful. I’ve been reading about them and can’t seem to find any first hand information with a diesel and 4wd. Thanks. Beautiful rig BTW!

I haven't towed heavily with it. Most it has towed was an enclosed trailer from San Diego to St. George, UT, roughly 7k lbs. It was a little odd at first as the TCU is learning the new options so it would seem to shift hard. According to Gear Vendors and the installer, that is just a part of the process. I have also noticed that it has gotten much better with miles.

I believe that you are supposed to manually turn it off when you go into low range. Honestly, I haven't used it in 4WD enough with the Gear Vendors installed to give you solid feedback. I haven't noticed any issues.

Again, just haven't been using it enough or put enough miles on it to justifying keeping it or offering you better feedback. From what I do know and have experienced, I'd do it again with that 4 speed trans. Makes a ton of difference for cruising speed, mileage and range.

tkrrox

I haven't towed heavily with it. Most it has towed was an enclosed trailer from San Diego to St. George, UT, roughly 7k lbs. It was a little odd at first as the TCU is learning the new options so it would seem to shift hard. According to Gear Vendors and the installer, that is just a part of the process. I have also noticed that it has gotten much better with miles.

I believe that you are supposed to manually turn it off when you go into low range. Honestly, I haven't used it in 4WD enough with the Gear Vendors installed to give you solid feedback. I haven't noticed any issues.

Again, just haven't been using it enough or put enough miles on it to justifying keeping it or offering you better feedback. From what I do know and have experienced, I'd do it again with that 4 speed trans. Makes a ton of difference for cruising speed, mileage and range.

Okay thanks. I’m trying to decide if I should keep the truck or sell and get a newer truck with a 6+ speed transmission. I only really use the truck to tow and weekend trips so I would rather dump 5k on the gear vendor vs truck payments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior