3 Weeks in Baja – Surfing, SUPing and Dirt Roading

Hey Friends,

Just completed a dream trip of mine: The Baja. I vlogged as best as I could and am putting together a multi-part series, starting with "The Build." As I complete each series, I'll post it here. But for now, please enjoy, and ask all the questions you want!!

Can't say enough about the radness of this part of the world!! And the people!! Such good times.

Enjoy!

It's Baja also. Keep the directions a bit sketchy especially on the Pacific side please.

Okay, I understand. The camps on the Pac side did seem to see a ton of traffic (probably during the winter swells). I'm glad I posted on here... Didn't realize naming spots was as faux paw as I'm starting to realize. I try to be sensitive to such things (afterall, my family has had a house in Escalante, Utah, and I've seen that place get mobbed w/ caravans).

YUP!

Another question... Are you attempting to be one of those "overland influencers"???

I appreciate you for bringing this to my attention. Like Regcabguy, I don't intend to ruin the discovery aspect of a place. BUT what I don't appreciate is how much you troll on this site. Your tone and attacking mentality is not productive and makes people defensive. If you want people to be more respectful about places you love, show them the respective and explain to them why it's important to not name places. Calling them names (like I've seen you do in other threads), in my opinion should get you banned from this site.

And to answer your question, no, I'm not trying to be an overland influencer. I'm stoked on my build. And I'm stoked on my trip. I want to share it with other people, who may get excited to the potential. I respect the desire to keep places secret, and even those who want to keep places to themselves – I have my own areas in Southern Utah I would never share, but alas, many of those places are out there now...

All the places I'm to visit I have found on surf blogs, pubs and seen on videos. On the inside: blogs, travel articles, etc. have all shared many places. If you have a truck like mine (and from what I call tell, yours) then all you have to do is get on Google Earth and map out a route. Nothing is secret anymore. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Very nice rig and your video production is really well done.
One thought is to check your propane tank mounting …most portable tanks should be stored and used vertically.

Safe travels!

Thanks. I had several discussions about this with all kinds of people. I've heard varying reports. I'm keeping a watchful eye on it. Seems fine as of now... If I do recall, several slide-in campers have their tanks on their sides.

ricoisme26

Following! Baja is a dream trip for me, not a surfer, could maybe learn some day, kinda hard to in Pennsylvania... Also love the truck looking forward to what you have to come videos look top notch

Pax2525

Adventurer
Well, thanks for your honest reply. My bubble has been burst long ago ( probably before you were born), however that does not negate my desire to protect an area on this beautiful earth that is near and dear to me!
Speaking of Utah, i spoke to a close friend of mine recently from Moab. He and his brother MADE MOAB A PLACE TO GO TO! Now it is the greatest regret in his life. The fact is once you ring that bell... Kid! You can't "un-ring" it! So if i have to be called a troll, so be it! It is a hell of a lot better than being a newbi using the same lame excuse... "Everybody else is chirping about it, why shouldn't I?"

What is your motivation by putting out your video logs? My guess it is to make money or get free product! There is a term for people that do that...

What is your goal here? You've said your piece, he has recognized not to give locations... move on with your life. You are giving him grief and yet run an "overland shop website"... talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Holy smokes.

Let this young man make his video and share HIS experience.

Dylan- keep doing your thing and ignore as needed. Some folks have nothing better to do.

mmrocek

Observer
Well, thanks for your honest reply. My bubble has been burst long ago ( probably before you were born), however that does not negate my desire to protect an area on this beautiful earth that is near and dear to me!
Speaking of Utah, i spoke to a close friend of mine recently from Moab. He and his brother MADE MOAB A PLACE TO GO TO! Now it is the greatest regret in his life. The fact is once you ring that bell... Kid! You can't "un-ring" it! So if i have to be called a troll, so be it! It is a hell of a lot better than being a newbi using the same lame excuse... "Everybody else is chirping about it, why shouldn't I?"

What is your motivation by putting out your video logs? My guess it is to make money or get free product! There is a term for people that do that...

Jesus, man, we get it, stop complaining. Also, you can't compare Moab - rock crawler/mountain bike/raft ad hike paradise to Baja. Most Americans I know don't even have a passport and/or are afraid to go to Mexico because it's "dangerous" and they don't speak "mexican." So chill, it will not kill the spots and the locals make money. Be happy for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles