3 outlet valves

seeNik48

Adventurer
We have another question re our Hallmark Ute.

We boondock a lot and/or camp at public lands campgrounds which don’t have water at all or are shut off in the shoulder season.

Our fresh water tank has 30 gallons. We also carry 5 one gallon jugs of potable water which we refill in grocery stores or at a campground if available. We have great water from our domestic well so fill up before we leave. We can be away for days or many weeks.

We have 2 big dogs who are big drinkers. Water, not booze, lol. We currently use the tank valve located at the rear of the camper to fill their bowls and water bottle for hikes.

So, this is where the question comes in. There are 3 valves labeled “tank”, “cold”, “hot”. I may have the last two in switched order. I know the “hot” is for the hot water tank (never used) but what is the cold valve for? My husband read the info packet but said it only mentioned the valves, no info specifically.

We have never used our gray tank (12 gallons). Would it be possible to use the grey tank as a reserve fresh water tank? Or, because it is dumped via the same outlet as the black tank, would there be cross-contamination? Any ideas on how to do this or are the tanks inaccessible or ?

At first, I thought we could fill the gray tank then use the cold valve to drain water for the pups. I guess this won’t happen because 2 separate systems.

To condense my ramblings, how do you refit a grey tank to be used as a reserve fresh water tank?
TIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles