3.5L Intake Removal

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I just want to say, I love removing the intake on the Montero. In fact, the entire top end is super easy to dissassemble. I never really appreciated that before, until this weekend, where I attempted to remove the intake manifold for my son's Audi A4 with the B7 2.0L engine. Holy Crap is that intake stupidly hard to take off. I sorta miss wrenching on the Monty, but she runs too well!

PacS14

Adventurer
My old Isuzu Rodeo was even easier...too bad Isuzu went belly up here in the states, I really wanted to get a trooper until I did some research online about parts availability since I couldn't find car dealers here in Houston (already a red flag), and decided against it, although the square body troopers like the first gen Monteros were available and plentiful I had to back off, got lucky and found my Monty...the rest is a work in progress hahaha

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Well, one thing the Monty has is a LOT fewer plastic bits. On the Audi, everything is plastic, including the manifold. Every single connector, hose, and tube, is a break-off-while-removing item, and the one time clamps are from the devil himself.

Salonika

Monterror Pilot
I was intimidated by it the first time, but after that I figured it out. Patience and enough workspace, combined with taking photos along the way makes it manageable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz