2x2 full suspension 6000w kick scooter

F350joe

Went down this rabbit hole wanting something more portable than my ebike with more range and full suspension. After a bit of research I discovered, like everything nowadays, they are all made in China except for one S Korean company. Emailed the factory direct and got custom specs for half the price of retail. 6000 peak watts/40ah Panasonic battery and a few extras. $1400 delivered. My plan is to beef it up with a little armor, waterproofing and some vibration deadening. Maybe even fab up some beefier control arms, bigger tires, and a lift down the road. It should fit inside my GX and give me plenty of range to explore around camp without any range anxiety. I see face planting in my future but don’t really plan to go hard on it or anywhere close to the 50mph top speed.

Anyone else trying something similar? E7541CFD-CD4C-4509-A128-22DC085E0CE9.jpeg150CBB95-C7BE-4B69-9C01-C039AB5806C0.jpeg

marret

Nice. I haven't gone down this road, but have considered it. How does it do on rough terrain?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I think for a lot of people that their rig, once in camp and is set up in such a way that it cannot be used for exploring, simple lightweight options like this are a great idea.
Something like this would be great for getting around in a campground, fully established (paved) or not, and even for some hard-pack trail use.

Plus, it aight to be silly fun :ROFLMAO:

F350joe

I do plan to take it apart and put back together with lockwashers and thread lock while checking/sealing connections.

looks like mine will be held up in customs for a while but hopefully have it by the next trip in March.

Here are a few videos of similar high powered ones offroading. I will be really mellow because it will mostly be used far from a hospital. It is programable so i can power it down and adjust the torque at take off. Can even switch from 2 wheel drive to 1 wheel drive which should help with the range. Re-gen braking as well which could be nice on long down hill runs, save the brake pads.

I am little undecided on re-gen braking. I feel more range could be had if it is allowed to coast rather than brake when letting off the throttle. Maybe it is activated by the brake lever, we shall see.

Lovetheworld

The only difference between these things (50mph offroad) and sportsbikes is that you are further away from the hospital to make the organs unusable :p

I have a 2000w electric moped/sit scooter which works nicely and smooth, I can only imagine what 6000w does in such a light thing.

F350joe

The only difference between these things (50mph offroad) and sportsbikes is that you are further away from the hospital to make the organs unusable :p

I have a 2000w electric moped/sit scooter which works nicely and smooth, I can only imagine what 6000w does in such a light thing.

It is a real concern, just hope i have the self control to keep it mellow. Fed Ex says it is out for delivery today, so maybe Ill get by Monday, in the hospital by Wednesday.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
You've got me interested.
Due to a few reasons, we have since scrapped the lightweight moto for the camper, and have shifted to towing the Chevy Tracker.

But Id still entertain something this packable and lightweight... oh, and FUN ?

Lovetheworld

It is a real concern, just hope i have the self control to keep it mellow. Fed Ex says it is out for delivery today, so maybe Ill get by Monday, in the hospital by Wednesday.

Well you can wear a helmet, or configure it to go no faster than 15mph or something.
But the torque will be interesting. 6000W of electric motors on such a thing will deliver huge torque. I mean, I am pretty sure that 6000W is peak power, and not forever, but you don't want that anyway.
While I love the torque of any electric vehicles (also my daily driver), on two wheels it can be annoying if you cannot control it properly.

Using this offroad you could apply regen on two wheels. Strong regen on one wheel will not be nice when grip is low.
But it makes a huge difference in range when going up and down hills all the time, so keep it on.

F350joe

Went for my first ride and it is fast, spins both tires on full power even set to soft start. Eco mode in single motor mode is a nice easy ride though. Front spring is too soft so will tighten that up or replace with a coil over. Im 6’4 and the handle bars are too low and narrow so will swap those out with BMX handle bars. Pretty akward to lift but not too bad. Came loaded with stuff i didnt order which was a nice surprise. It has head lights, tail lights, brake lights, turn signal, side lights, a handle bar bag, phone holder, alarm and keys. Going over the handle bars seems likely so off to get a full face helmet and some body armor now. Still need to tighten everything down too, lost a screw to the kick stand first five minutes.

F350joe

Well you can wear a helmet, or configure it to go no faster than 15mph or something.
But the torque will be interesting. 6000W of electric motors on such a thing will deliver huge torque. I mean, I am pretty sure that 6000W is peak power, and not forever, but you don't want that anyway.
While I love the torque of any electric vehicles (also my daily driver), on two wheels it can be annoying if you cannot control it properly.

Using this offroad you could apply regen on two wheels. Strong regen on one wheel will not be nice when grip is low.
But it makes a huge difference in range when going up and down hills all the time, so keep it on.

For sure 6000w peak and full power is annoying, cant imagine ever needing that much power, too jerky.

F350joe

Raised the handle bars using snowmobile risers and put on some wider bars. Huge difference, was cruising around at 25mph no problem and even was jumping speed bumps. Super smooth but a real shock up front would be nice, just a coil now and cant find anything adjustable at around the 7”/175mm size. 10-15 mph on dirt trails is surprisingly comfortable. I have it set to the softest start setting, turned off regen braking(even the weakest setting was to much and I like coasting) and it is a real blast to ride now. I have yet to put it in the highest power setting but have hit 33mph with a lot left on medium setting. 2wd is smoother than 1wd and pretty much just leave it in 2wd now. Its super fast, super fun and much more pleasant tuned down a little.

Attachments

• 48922EA4-6E5C-4239-8B64-C688B25E80DB.jpeg
    48922EA4-6E5C-4239-8B64-C688B25E80DB.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

F350joe

Here is a video from a ride around town. Hit a some trails, PCH, and some hills. Pretty fun, cant wait to get this thing out camping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles