2wd van lifts

FROADER

Adventurer
I've got the WeldTec Ocotillo Cruiser 4" lift running 285/75/16 (33s) on my 97 E350, and I love it. The tuned fox shocks that come with it make it drive 10 times better than stock. I installed it with a buddy in a few (~6 hours) and I couldn't be happier.

I live 4 blocks from Camburg and have had beam and a-arm Rangers with their lifts on them, but they are overpriced.

IMG_7638.jpg

C2I_6024.jpg

LumpyCanuck

Observer
wow.....$4000 for a 2wd lift. 4x the price of the van. I'll hold out for a van of the right vintage and just get a 4x4 conversion done then. Their design and parts look awesome, but thats a steep price to still only have 2wd.

watson.robin

wow.....$4000 for a 2wd lift. 4x the price of the van. I'll hold out for a van of the right vintage and just get a 4x4 conversion done then. Their design and parts look awesome, but thats a steep price to still only have 2wd.

I'm not sure where you're getting your vans from, but while you're at it, can you get me one too!?

Gtdad

Adventurer

ya looks into clydesdale sportsman conversions. remember weldtec is still us dollars plus plus. Buy in canada in you can :)

LumpyCanuck

Observer
Yeah, chatted with sportsman a bit........looks like I'm still holding out for a 1992+ van, and getting ujoint kit. Sportsmans price was a little more realistic seeing how they use "new" parts (refurbished) and their labour, and the fact its a 4x4 conversion, but immediately my suggestion of me sourcing as good parts personally was shot down, for mark-up I assume.

I try to buy canadian, but fact of the matter is that there is limited aftermarket manufacturers in Canada, for anything offload related. I go where I need to to get what I want...just business.

Gtdad

Adventurer
How much lift do you want? I did a 2 ¼ lift on my van with just new springs and bushings and a and trip to canada spring to get my leafs redone and a leaf added plus a 1 inch block.
Was very cheap. It gave me 2 ⅝ bump stop clearance not bad considering the next 1 ⅜ added bump stop clearance of 4 INCH LIFT will cost you 4 grand:)

Johny5

Adventurer
Not sure where the dirt cheap vans are in Vancouver , although I'm only looking at 5.3 and 6.0 gm vans because I have a 4x4 conversion kit for them.

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I've discussed a 2wd lift vs 4x4 conversion many times and multiple guys over the years have decided to spend a bit more and at least get a partial 4x4 swap instead of the 2wd lift to help spread the cost of the 4x4 conversion out. I've done it on personal rigs too.

LumpyCanuck

Observer
Yeah, I agree a 2wd lift is like buying a boob job for your grandma. I apologize for any brashness conveyed last post. We are putting off a van purchase, until the exact, 4wd swappable rig comes along. And as for the cheap vans, They are older....1980's.........and frankly I would have been a little leary rust wise. But now we have a gameplan, and when the time comes, joint will get the call. Until then, we will collect a transfer case, front axle, and gear sets

and johny5, I've seen your chevy van builds. cool stuff for sure! still running a little diesel heater in there? or did I get yours mixed up with someone else's?

Mat Mobile

Adventurer
Yeah, I agree a 2wd lift is like buying a boob job for your grandma. I apologize for any brashness conveyed last post. We are putting off a van purchase, until the exact, 4wd swappable rig comes along. And as for the cheap vans, They are older....1980's.........and frankly I would have been a little leary rust wise. But now we have a gameplan, and when the time comes, joint will get the call. Until then, we will collect a transfer case, front axle, and gear sets

and johny5, I've seen your chevy van builds. cool stuff for sure! still running a little diesel heater in there? or did I get yours mixed up with someone else's?

That is a wise decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles