2WD stock spring upgrades?

WUzombies

Adventurer
I've been reading and trying to keep up, what would a stock replacement coil over that is a progressive and possibly adds about 1" of lift (to level) the van on the E-vans?

I've seen a handful of part numbers tossed around and I've looked at all I've found, but I'm having trouble figuring out what would work best for my van.

Gtdad

Adventurer
How in the hell did I miss that thread? Wow. Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for!

Your welcome , I remembered how confusing it was to figure out a simple small lift.
I am new vehicle tinkering, so thought I would be detailed as o could.
Super happy with the new setup

WUzombies

Adventurer
Strangely enough Moog doesn't have an email listed on their website, but they do have their Twitter profile and they respond well to it. So I now have the exact model of spring I need to fit what I'm looking for.

Gtdad

Adventurer
So what model did they tell you? The springs I used are an e350 spring. Gave me maximum lift with stock radius arms..

WUzombies

Adventurer
I meant to post the model last night and forgot. Moog CC81368 for a progressive and stiffer ride and a slight bump north on an E150.

Gtdad

Adventurer
It's a coil spring, not a coil-over shock. The terms get mixed up (see 1st post)
I was tired and miss typed. Still could not find it on moogs site except via google which did find it but could not find the specs for it. I see it is a standard e250 e350 spring. The spring shop that put it in said gave my from 2.25 of lift. I have not experienced any steering issues and the alignment shop had no problems getting it perfect. Loving my new ride height.

WUzombies

Adventurer
It's a coil spring, not a coil-over shock. The terms get mixed up (see 1st post)

Sorry, I'll work on posting whilst using proper nomenclature. To be fair I'm still a little surprised that the motor isn't aircooled and has more than 4 cylinders...:sombrero:

Regardless the new not-over-shocked coiled springs should arrive this week, I'll take some measurements, some photos and such to report back here with details (including a not so scientific opinion on ride differences).

WUzombies

Adventurer
I report back with no measurements or photos because I forgot to measure a before height and it is dark outside, but I can tell you that the progressive coils are a noticeable upgrade from stock. The front of the van doesn't lumber about through bumps and turns. Everything simply feels more solid without feeling bone jarring. Moog recommended the coils as a "plus one" upgrade to stock and there is a noticeable difference in height, my fault for not having an actual idea of what it is. If I were to guess I would say probably an inch.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
It sounds like they're a worthwhile upgrade for van owners... If I'm not satisfied with the 2wd springs I was given, I'll have to look into if they've got a set rated for the weight of an Ambo with a 7.3.

WUzombies

Adventurer
It sounds like they're a worthwhile upgrade for van owners... If I'm not satisfied with the 2wd springs I was given, I'll have to look into if they've got a set rated for the weight of an Ambo with a 7.3.
The company responded on Twitter (@moogps) with what I needed. Ask there, they were really frank with my questions and were right with what I wanted.

Gtdad

Adventurer
According to info I have found
moog cc880s for 7.3's and V10 's probably great for an ambo little over a inch lift or in my case 2.25 inch on my 5,4L e250
moog cc880 for 5.4's give 1.5 inch lift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94