2nd set of wheels for an LX450?

gkieser92

I'm looking at getting a second set of wheels and tires for my LX 450. The rig is totally stock on the original wheels and have nice new set of Michelin Defenders. I'd like to use the Michelins for daily driving street use. The second set would be for the 6-8 days a year I actually got off road or for snow runs and would be an aggressive tire. The current tires are really nice on pavement but are terrible in snow and mud.

Any recommendations an affordable steel wheel? The tires would likely be something used in good condition in stock size. Does anyone else run two sets of wheels?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Arktikos

Explorer
I would look for a set of used FZJ80 wheels. They're one of the best looking OEM wheels ever and obviously would be the perfect fit.

MOAK

Adventurer
I’ll second that opinion. My brother in law did what you are thinking of doing with his Taco. The steel wheels and tires are for sale now. Unless you live in winter snow belt areas, the idea of having two sets of wheels & tires isn’t worth the time, effort & money. Skip all the hassles, get a good set of AT tires, sell the Michelin Defenders. Or- if you’re set on doing this, do what Arktikes suggested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles