2nd Gen Armada's - Anybody doing anything yet?

TMOD

Show me your 2nd Gen Armada builds.
I understand these things are supposed to be based on the Patrol platform so would seem to be a good candidate for a build. I know there are differences like a smaller fuel tank and other off road omissions from what the Patrol offers, but it would still seem to be a good starting platform.

While I don't own one, i have been eyeing them up as a possible replacement for my aging 100 series. From what I can tell, no one really offers anything stateside for it, although apparently you can piece together a lift kit from ARB apparently. I'm still holding out hope for a Pro-4x Armada myself.

One other thing I noticed was that the Armada has a significantly larger rear bumper than the Patrol. The Patrol rear bumper is largely flush, whereas the Armada sticks out 6" and looks like an underbite. I pulled up a parts schematic, and can't figure out why it would be larger. I suppose it could be to an integrated hitch, but I presume the Patrol has one as well.

ultraclyde

Observer
Interested to see if anything turns up here. I really like the looks, and I've driven the Infinty version as a rental. It was great in town but didnt get anywhere fun. One of my coworkers just bought one and man, it is HUGE next to my ZJ!

TMOD

While I don't own one, i have been eyeing them up as a possible replacement for my aging 100 series. From what I can tell, no one really offers anything stateside for it, although apparently you can piece together a lift kit from ARB apparently. I'm still holding out hope for a Pro-4x Armada myself.

One other thing I noticed was that the Armada has a significantly larger rear bumper than the Patrol. The Patrol rear bumper is largely flush, whereas the Armada sticks out 6" and looks like an underbite. I pulled up a parts schematic, and can't figure out why it would be larger. I suppose it could be to an integrated hitch, but I presume the Patrol has one as well.

A Pro-4x Armada...hadn't thought of that. I could definitely get into that!

JakeH

Adventurer
I was planning to build one recently but ended up on a different path. Calmini did the suspension work for Nissan's show armada I think, they have a lift kit for it. Nisstec & the other usual suspects can't be far behind

bigskypylot

Explorer
I was planning to build one recently but ended up on a different path. Calmini did the suspension work for Nissan's show armada I think, they have a lift kit for it. Nisstec & the other usual suspects can't be far behind
Wouldn't go anywhere near Calmini. Look to Rugged Rocks as they support Armadas and the Patrol (Y61, Y62) there are some differences in driveline. Harrop does make a blower for the new VD motor.

https://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/nissan-patrol-2010present-y62-patrol-c-1151_1326.html

I'm sure Nisstec, Icon and PRG and maybe even CJD will have something for the Armada

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

hayde89

Haven't built one but had one as a rental for a week in hawaii. Super nice interior, great power and overall a great vehicle. Only grip is that they do not come with a center locking differential so no true 4wd.

JakeH

Adventurer
I was just thinking that... No center diff, but still plenty capable 4x4. The 4wd system is automatic, not full time

hayde89

It has auto, 4 high and 4 low.

I stand corrected? I was under the impression they were AWD like it's land cruiser rival. Every one I have driven didn't have 4high, 4low or automatic. I will have to stop by nissan to check one out when I take my pop's titan in for service.

docwatson

Adventurer
https://www.nissanusa.com/vehicles/crossovers-suvs/armada/performance.html

They have a All-mode 4wd aka auto that moves power front to rear but you can keep it in 4H or 4L with the transfer case. It doesn't have the optional lockers like the overseas Patrol although I am sure they could be purchased and installed.

The Armada is, to me, a larger R51 V8 Pathfinder with a few more "intelligent" bells and whistles and an extra 1000 lbs of towing capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles