2k quiet gendrators

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
the cost of that carb would pay for alot of fuel when I use less than 10g of fuel a season mowing my yard.

Same here. Pump gas ruined my big pressure washer.

I am wondering if the allowance suppliers are making for their non-ethanol fuels is due to cross-contamination from transporting in tanks and using delivery hoses that are being used for ethanol fuels at other times...

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

2.ooohhh

Here, all that I run in my truck, generators and equipment is ethanol free. Equipment and whatnot is fueled from a 300 gallon tank on site, my truck from the local shell station which has one dedicated pump and tank selling from the same supplier I get our business’s fuel from. They also supply much of the region with dyed agricultural diesel, and kerosene. I’ve had the fuel tested when back when we changed suppliers to find one ethanol free and it is ethanol free. Should they supply fuel with ethanol they are on the hook by contract for any damage to our equipment that it might cause. Could it have ethanol? Sure state says up to 1.5% before the pump label is required, but I bet they’d loose a LOT of commercial sales if it suddenly popped positive in testing.

5cace8aec481bf1300af72e44875e7df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the spindoctor

It was a while ago, I think it was Hondas and Yamahas web sites.

I bought a smarter tools 2k inverter at Costco a few years ago and have no complaints. It has the Yamaha engine and is super quiet. I want to say it was on sale back then for around $500. I've been eyeing the champion 3100 dual fuel inverter, it seems to have a lot of nice features for the price.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I gotta believe some people just have bad luck follow them Or they self generate it in the name of 'personal drama'..

Believe what you want, but I can assure you that the pressure washer problem was the result of not getting all the fuel out of the carb when I ran it dry. The big washer only gets used a few times per year so storage conditions are important, and that's why I switched to ethanol-free gas for most uses. If I'm running it all day or for a few days straight, it gets pump gas to save money, then gets flushed with the good stuff.

dreadlocks

in my case I messed up and thought I had drained the carb when I infact did not, next spring I was sad when I saw the fuel shutoff was not engaged and it didnt start right up.. pulled the drain plug on the carb and this nasty thick jelly drained out the bottom, then I got it started with some coaxing but it leaked gasoline continuously.. took the carb off and soaked it in a bunch of nasty chemicals and scrubbed it but I was never able to get it out of this tight passage the float linkage went through so it kept getting stuck and leaking fuel until I caved in and replaced the entire carb w/a new one.. Ive left gas in mowers and dirt bikes before and while Ive cleaned some varnish out of carbs I've never had napalm come out or seen one quite that edited.

Ive been forced to change the rubber fuel lines on my 75 Westfallia every other year because the ethanol was degrading and cracking even supposedly ethanol resistant fuel lines.. every year a few more buses burn to the ground because alcohol and rubber dont work well together, other classic cars are lost too I'm sure.. modern vehicles w/polyethylene fuel lines dont care.. this was one of many factors that set me on this path of swapping a diesel in it.

Ethanol Sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

FlipperFla

I bought a smarter tools 2k inverter at Costco a few years ago and have no complaints. It has the Yamaha engine and is super quiet. I want to say it was on sale back then for around $500. I've been eyeing the champion 3100 dual fuel inverter, it seems to have a lot of nice features for the price.
Just saw that at Costco last week, thats a deal!

MOguy

Explorer
Costco has this A-IPower 1600W Running / 2000W Peak Yamaha Powered Gas Inverter Generator these days for $550 . Item number 1146127.
https://www.costco.com/A-IPower-160...Gas-Inverter-Generator.product.100343958.html

View attachment 479860

I'm a fan of Honda small engines, so when my time comes that's the way I'll go. But this is likely a pretty good deal, knowing Costco.

It is not a Yamaha generator, just a Yamaha motor. Did a little internet googling and people have mentioned parts issues. Plus its I louder and 200 less watts than the Honda.

Knowing Costco it is a big box store trying to pass off something that really isn't what it seems.

4xdog

Explorer
Costco is pretty straight shooting. I'd say it's exactly what it seems -- a lesser-spec, cheaper product than the Honda.

Costco are pretty clear in the description that it's Yamaha-powered, not a Yamaha product. I'm sure a big-box brand is gonna have parts availability issues where a Honda never will, and things like output and noise are almost certainly tradeoffs for no-name brands and price.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but Briggs & Stratton make inverter generators as well. I've heard good things about them, and I trust their skills at making quality small engines. Not to mention there are still lots of repair shops that have lots of experience with Briggs & Stratton engines that would probably be able to work on them, and be an outlet for parts.
I'd really like to pull one apart and see if the engine is actually just the same B&S engine from a lawn mower adapted to fit in an inverter.

They come in the standard 2000,3000 watt sizes most inverter generators do. They have a parallel connection option like most if you need more power. And they cost half the price of the Honda and Yamaha.
https://amzn.to/2REjXLW

I haven't bit the bullet yet but right now I'm leaning towards this rather than a pricey Honda or Harbor Freight junk.

MOguy

Explorer
My wife (before we were married) worked for B&S before the went to China. They aren't what they used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94