285/60R18. LR4 options

LR4project

Stock 2011 LR4 opting with 18x8.5 wheels with offset 45mm.

some say they run this size with no rubbing and some say otherwise. it may depend on the brand and type tire.. can anyone shed light? open to options...i've already been talked out of 20's
:)
not sure why some have no running or clearance issues. I would love to hear or see their set up. But I’d also like to know what I’m getting myself into ?

using Gap iiD tool to lift but width may cause issue on frame and front/rear well? not interested in spacers.

Considering Cooper Zeons, Discoverer STT Max, KO2, Nitto ridge grapplers. - open to options

any pictures of the 285's mounted on the truck would be helpful also...

Jwestpro

Explorer
Stock 2011 LR4 opting with 18x8.5 wheels with offset 45mm.

some say they run this size with no rubbing and some say otherwise. it may depend on the brand and type tire.. can anyone shed light? open to options...i've already been talked out of 20's
:)
not sure why some have no running or clearance issues. I would love to hear or see their set up. But I’d also like to know what I’m getting myself into ?

using Gap iiD tool to lift but width may cause issue on frame and front/rear well? not interested in spacers.

Considering Cooper Zeons, Discoverer STT Max, KO2, Nitto ridge grapplers. - open to options

any pictures of the 285's mounted on the truck would be helpful also...

you'll see my comments on my experience w the sizing on other forum but another tire i like is the Nokian Rotiva: https://www.nokiantires.com/all-season-tires/nokian-rotiiva-at/

They're a leader in developing new technologies in tire engineering. The new Aramid sidewall sure sounds good anyway ;)

Jwestpro

Explorer
18x8.5 wheels with offset 45mm.

What wheel is that then, the Compomotive or the steel or other? I was confused at first on the Evo wheels which in 18" are 8.5" wide but with 35 ET. To me this is less good than the Compomotive purely from an offset spec. Losing 11mm is a lot to me in this particular area. I am going to study up on the 2 known steel 18" options to be sure about their ET/offset and widths. I am sure one of them is the better 8" wide but not sure on the offsets. Though I am probably going to end up with an EVO 17x8

merr1ca

I recommend against 285 width tires. You'll end up with poor directional stability in sand/mud/snow. You also may see some rubbing (depends on the tire) at full lock and under compressions and will have to cut and patch the frame horns.

Remember, we have less wheel wheel well clearance than an LR3.

A much better size for the LR4 is 265/65/r18. It doesn't rub, even without lift rods. If the suspension fails, you'll still be able to drive. You can also squeeze a deflated spare under the truck. It's critical to have a full size spare.

I finally got rid of my 285/60/r18's. Too many issues and no real benefit. Burned up all of my fender liners and Ripped off my fender flairs. Also, the Rover drives MUCH nicer now. In the mid Atlantic area, I haven't really come across anywhere that a stock LR4 can't get to.

Nokian Rotiva

I'm a huge Nokian fan. I'd love to try those out.

NASDIESEL

I recently went from 265/65 Coopers STT Pro (don't buy unless you don't care about your hearing), to a 275/70R18 MT TA KM3. You will need the spring spacer kit and rods or IID updates. But so far, the size and tire is making me happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94