270 deg square back?

Eagle05

Adventurer
Are there any Kinsman owners out there who could answer a question?
As a previous owner of the Rhino-Rack Batwing and the Eezi-Awn Manta, I’m curious, how does this do in the direct sun and heat? Both of my previous awnings felt hot to the touch and like you were cooking underneath them. I’ve heard the Alu-Cab Shadow uses a more reflective material to help there.

Last edited:

shade

Are there any Kinsman owners out there who could answer a question?
As a previous owner of the Rhino-Rack Batwing and the Eezi-Awn Manta, I’m curious, how does this do in the direct sun and heat? Both of my precious awnings felt hot to the touch and like you were cooking underneath them. I’ve heard the Alu-Cab Shadow uses a more reflective material to help there.
Kinsmen owner? Sort of. I have one ordered.

Kinsmen uses Sunbrella marine fabric, and you can learn a little about it here. I'm betting it'll be ok.

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
....................... I’ve heard the Alu-Cab Shadow uses a more reflective material to help there.
Yes, they do:
Awning Material
The acrylic-aluminized fabric weighs 260g/m². This material is lightweight, waterproof and tear-resistant. It can easily be pulled tight, and provides shade and weather-protection. The Aluminium coating reflects the sun so that the temperatures are about 5°C cooler under the awning, than under awnings of more conventional material.

The above info from this site.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier