240GD Water hose to heater question.

Krazy Kustoms

Hi everyone.

New to this forum. I'm from Guatemala, Central America. :sombrero: I have three G: 240GD '80, 300GD '84 and a 290GD '90. I'll probably will need some help from you guys with them.

I have a question regarding the 1980 240GD, maybe someone can help me with.

I'm deleting the heater core inside and also the hoses. My question is, should I connect the hose from the back of the engine's head to the water pump? What can happen if I just plug them? :confused:

I'm thinking of just plugging them as I'm adapting a 300TD turbo. What do you guys think I should do. By the way I'm a mechanic and on a budget.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Adrian Zamora
Krazy Kustoms

Attachments

• DSC00205 - Copy 3.jpg
    DSC00205 - Copy 3.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 4

inkblotz

Adrian
Just blocking them off should be fine. The radiator fluid flows through that system only when you turn your heater on. When the heater is turned off it is essentially blocked off, so by what you describe you are simply shortening the loop.

One side note: With my old diesels of the past one thing nice about having the heater core was that on very hot days if my car began to overheat I would turn on my heater and that little extra radiator brought down the temperature till I could sort out the problem. (it was like driving a SPA)

Mark

Krazy Kustoms

Thanks all!

Thanks you all.

I did, just plugged it and works fine. :victory:

Down here, we really don't need the heater at all. We are blessed with the average annual temperature between 57°F and 72°F (in the city). :cool:

I need to start to work on my overland Mercedes G proyect but I'm still learning, more each day in this forum. :)

Thanks

Adrian Zamora
Krazy Kustoms

Krazy Kustoms

Thanks all!

Thanks you all.

I did, just plugged it and works fine. :victory:

DSC00309 peq.jpg

Down here, we really don't need the heater at all. We are blessed with the average annual temperature between 57°F and 72°F (in the city). :cool:

I need to start to work on my overland Mercedes G proyect but I'm still learning, more each day in this forum. :)

Thanks

Adrian Zamora
Krazy Kustoms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles