24 volt lithium power pack

I'd like to put together or buy an off the shelf power pack, power station, or whatever it's called to provide auxillary power (for running a 40L Waeco fridge/freezer for a day or maybe two, and providing periodic/intermittent power to a 1,000W inverter), to top up the starter batteries (24V). Lithium batteries should be good for longer term storage and it'd be handy to have the whole package as compact as possible (think my last attempt with AGM batteries weighed in at around 35kg/80lbs - both large and heavy), but with lithium batteries I'm guessing I can't simply hook them up to my current shunt box (designed for lead acid technology batteries) so I need to incorporate some kind of 24V lithium battery charger/controller and find some lithium batteries which are happy to be wired in series. I'm based in Europe/Norway/UK - any suggestions?

luthj

Engineer In Residence
Do you need 24V for all your appliances? If not I would go 12V, and then use a 12-24V converter to top up your starter battery if needed. There are a lot more portable power packs int he 12V range .

Thanks for your comments and guidance. Looks like a Tesla battery could be 24v, but it's 25kg/55lbs and a bit of an unusual form factor. Seems like the EV batteries, even used, are very expensive... could be the high quality/capacity of EV batteries vs the normal lithium batteries sold to retail, could be something else... Suppose I've got to go looking for some of those retail lithium batteries and some kind of bridge/controller between the vehicle batteries and the new auxiliaries allowing charging both ways - hoping a simple and efficient solution will present itself!

dreadlocks

that I do not know, given the air shipping constraints on lithium batteries shipping may be an issue.. contact em I guess, they were pretty responsive to my inquiries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior