23Zero Awning and Gamiviti quick disconnect brackets

Romer

Adventurer
I went to see Tim at Gamiviti where I bought my roof rack and he was nice enough to show me both the Batwing and 23Zero awnings. They are both nice products. I like the Batwing being able to put a stake in through the pole. The 23Zero requires a rope and stake.

Both have legs that drop down from the awning really easy. I keep coming back to the hinges, which the 23Zero are much more robust. Batwing comes with two extra hinges and they are easy to install. Tim said the only time a hing broke on him was when he forgot to flip the accessory bag up before deploying the awning. The weight of the bag broke a hinge

The material of both were good. The 23Zero is a bit darker which should make it cooler

You really do need to put poles down on the 23Zero like the batwing as it droops when you don't

Both have pretty much the same setup and stow time. Although when I got home and set it up again, the 23Zero took me a bit to stow. I figured out some of the canvas needs to be stuffed on top of the supports rather than in front. It was making it hard to zip the bag

I really wanted the Gamiviti quick release brackets so I could easily take the awning off for winter and back on in summer by myself. As easy as pressing a 47 lb awning and making the mounts fit into 3 slots :) we did this in Tim's garage a few times and it worked fairly well. Pull the safety pins out and just pull the awning out and its off

Unfortunately, the 23Zero awning bracket slots are wider than the batwing and other awnings, which they are designed for

So Tim drilled 3 holes into the aluminum of the awning to provide a wider spacing which works for the 23Zero. These need to be done with the rack installed. First we put the brackets on the truck loose. Then on the awning and adjusted the brackets on both ends until a smooth fit. The bracket on the awning is attached with one bolt using the top guide rail so Gravity will help it be set right

Then removed the awning and deployed it upside down using saw horses.

With the brackets still installed, drill the other hole near the bottom of the aluminum plate. Tim had them fliped upside down during the initial install and drilling as he thought that was better, but I would think either way would work

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

Using a hex carriage bolt installed from the awning side of the plate, add the second bolt to the bracket

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Then install the awning
IMG_0374.jpg
IMG_0374a.jpg

Last edited:

Romer

Adventurer
Of course I had to deploy it when I got home
IMG_0379.jpg
IMG_0377.jpg
IMG_0378.jpg
Being set back a bit eliminate any issue with the spoiler on the tailgate. I did open my Slee Bumper so it didnt hit the Max Trax sticking up

Romer

Adventurer
Tim let me know he revised his brackets to be longer and no drilling will be required in the future

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles