235/85r16- who's run them on an E350?

Paddy

Adventurer
Usually a wider tire will handle better in my experience. But the skinny has better traction in everything except deep sand or bottomless mud/snow.
I just put the 235/85 falkens on my sprinter, they look huge and I wish I’d gone with 215’s, because they are too close to my leaf springs in the back. I crammed them in anyway and they look awesome. They seem like the hot buy in that size and AT right now.

GRTvan

265/75 16 Cooper AT3s on my E350. No rubbing issues at all. Running stock rims. Would like to upgrade to a little wider steel wheel. Coopers seem rock solid but they are a little loud running down the highway. Bilstein shocks at all 4 corners.

clarkh

Observer
Bumped down in size from 255 to 235 on my E450 dually. 235 are Toyo CT. Drives and tracks so much better.

titobrown

DudeAbides, did you end up getting the Falkens in 265/75r16 or 235/85?

Thinking about getting some for my E-350 as well

Binky

I'm with GRTVan. I had Cooper STT's, 265/75-16, on Binky. Super off-road tire, but too noisy going down the road.
Today I installed a set of 285/75-16 Toyo A/T II's and I got just a bit of rubbing to the lower corner of the bumper, but they wore down pretty quick.

diamondheaded

I'm with GRTVan. I had Cooper STT's, 265/75-16, on Binky. Super off-road tire, but too noisy going down the road.
Today I installed a set of 285/75-16 Toyo A/T II's and I got just a bit of rubbing to the lower corner of the bumper, but they wore down pretty quick.
Hi Binky. Got any pics? Is your van stock? I'm lookin to upsize tires...

diamondheaded

i ended up getting a sick deal on some bfg k02s. got the 265/75/16s. makes a huge diff over stock as far as ride comfort and traction. looks aggro too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles