235/85/16? Let's see them

Jaynen

Adventurer
Here is my 235/85/16 Wrangler Duratracs on my Montero

20131130_142549_zpsff6b2b1f.jpg

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
You know when you're having fun when you just leave the tow strap hooked up and hung in the bed :)

I'd lighten that shot up a little and use it as a Christmas card

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
235-85-16 BFG Commercial T/A M&S
Three years on them and they have held up well.

Attachments

• DSC05945.JPG
    DSC05945.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC05942.JPG
    DSC05942.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC05944.JPG
    DSC05944.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC05943.JPG
    DSC05943.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

Prjktjho

Here are my Michelin ltx a/t2's. A little stiff for my truck but they've softened up and/or im just used to it now! I've had them in some light mud and snow and they seem to perform really well for an "old man tire" haha. I'll buy this size again in like 10 years when these finally wear out!
epepu2av.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

slager

235/85r16 Duratracs

image.jpgimage.jpg
Just put on these Duratracs. Love them already. Took them up to the high desert this weekend. Performed great! Put them through snow, melting snow with mud underneath and high speed gravel. Think this size is perfect for smaller underpowered rigs like old Toyotas. Looking forward to finishing my regear project once I track down a 4.56 rear. I can definitely feel the difference between these being 32" tall compared to my old 31" Bfg ats. Can't believe how quiet they are for how aggressive they look...

simplymike

03 ubicon and m38a1

I have had an off-brand 235 85 r16 mud tire on my on my m38a1 for years. running them on the original steel 5x16s. It has been very effective.

m38a1.jpg

This winter, I put a set of duratracs on my Rubicon. awesome in the snow, and unbelievably quiet. perhaps a bit harsher ride, but not by much. I think it's more than offset by the skinny tires not finding every pothole in the road

rubicon.jpg

nfpgasmask

Adventurer
Yeah, to be honest, I think the 80s Series up there needs 255/85R16s, just to fill things out a bit more. Still, looks good.

I have General Grabber AT2s in 235/85R16 on my Trooper.

063.jpg

064.jpg

So far I really like them.

Bart

otis24

Observer
235 85 16 General Grabber AT2

When I bought the truck it had 265 70 16 General Grabber AW tires. They worked well on pavement, however after a few off road trips they were well chewed up. In January we moved from California to Arkansas. I didn't like the idea of driving cross country on questionable tires. After much research I settled on the General Grabber AT2. My first impression was they were loud, gave a rough ride, cornered horribly and made my truck slower through larger size and extra rotational weight.

After driving on a dirt road I noticed the dirt was not coming off the outer 3/4" of the tire. I checked the air pressure and found it to be at 40PSI. I lowered it a few psi until the dirt would come off evenly. The new psi is 30 in the front, 29 in the back. It's a much smoother ride, corners better and seems to be wearing more evenly.

I recently drove from Dallas to Little Rock in the snow and ice. I was super impressed by the new tires. This was the most secure I've ever felt driving in the snow. I haven't had a chance to go off roading but have been on several gravel roads. The tires hook up very well on gravel. I'm very happy with these and would get the same size again.
truck.jpg

4xdog

Explorer
My 2001 Tacoma DC 4WD TRD with OME and BFG AT 235/85-16. I've been running them for 18 months and I'm absolutely delighted with this combination on the truck.

i-j5RcFWK-L.jpg

i-LMCR95j-L.jpg

i-7gXBFpV-L.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior