230GE??? Is it worth looking at?

HeftySmurf

Observer
well duuuuude.... what was the price and pics? someone here may want a good ranch truck or dedicated wheeler or somethin'.

Man you guys are needy! Make sure you get with Thor... he has the 6 cylinder that may come up for sale. Let me find the other add :victory:

HeftySmurf

Observer
OK here is the crags list from Macon, GA

1983 Mercedes G-Wagen 230GE - $7750 (Bonaire)

Don't know how to make it link to it. I have to say I do love how the
G's have that cool plaid interior.

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
An E30 M3 is underpowered when compared to a Nissan GT-R. A 230GE is underpowered compared to a G55.

I've got a 230GE SWB and it is faster than any 300GD I've ever owned, not to mention a hell of a lot quieter. The LWB 230GE is not as fast as it weights more, but the 230GE SWB is a super vehicle. You aren't going to make any quick passes with it, but in the city you'll keep up just fine and you'll be able to merge just fine on the highway and cruise at 75-80. Ask me how I know :)

Mine is for sale if you want a nicer one than the one you're talking about in Georgia. That truck has been for sale since at least June of 2010.

H

czenkov

Adventurer
My 1980 280 GE may be available, just redone and refreshed from a life of unregistered warehouse living for the last 10 years.

It should be done on this Wednesday from an independent Benz shop and lots of fresh German from Germany parts!

the only rust are small bubbles under a respray and a window seal.

Unless I fall in love with this beast, it will go.

Thor

Thor,
Seriously, you are thinking of giving up the G? Dude, how much? I WANT one of these things. There are 3 trucks on my short list. In no particular order:
Land Rover 110
Toyota Landcruiser HJ75
G-Wagen

Not sure I can afford yours but if you don't ask...

Drew (from the GBLRC)

zimm

Expedition Leader
Thor,
Seriously, you are thinking of giving up the G? Dude, how much? I WANT one of these things. There are 3 trucks on my short list. In no particular order:
Land Rover 110
Toyota Landcruiser HJ75
G-Wagen

Not sure I can afford yours but if you don't ask...

Drew (from the GBLRC)

Same short list as me...... 'cept mine mine is shorter. Had the 110nas, got the g, and contemplating the 7x that popped up recently..... still think they are toomuch in the US though.

Na na na! :)

zimm

Expedition Leader
An E30 M3 is underpowered when compared to a Nissan GT-R. A 230GE is underpowered compared to a G55.

I've got a 230GE SWB and it is faster than any 300GD I've ever owned, not to mention a hell of a lot quieter. The LWB 230GE is not as fast as it weights more, but the 230GE SWB is a super vehicle. You aren't going to make any quick passes with it, but in the city you'll keep up just fine and you'll be able to merge just fine on the highway and cruise at 75-80. Ask me how I know :)

Mine is for sale if you want a nicer one than the one you're talking about in Georgia. That truck has been for sale since at least June of 2010.

H

Price and apparent condition make that worth a look for any g shopper right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior