230GE??? Is it worth looking at?

HeftySmurf

Observer
Hello, I'm new to the G series, but this one looks good. Looks are just looks, what should definitely turn me off? It has a 2.3L fuel injected 4 cylinder on a 1983 230GE 5 door.

Thanks gents
Russell

Scott Brady

Founder
I have a lot of time in a 230 throughout Southern Africa. Just know that it is way down on power compared to most vehicles. It even makes a Toyota 22re seem sprightly ;)

Despite the power, it is really a wonderful vehicle.

Lesotho_.jpg

HeftySmurf

Observer
Thanks Scott, I sent you a pm... hope you don't mind.
I lived in Africa for 3 years on embassy duty, I kick myself everyday for not
bringing something home with me!!!

kerry

Expedition Leader
If it's the one I have in mind the ad says it has rust. You should at least look at the rust or get comprehensive pictures of it before acting on it.

Thor

Observer
My 1980 280 GE may be available, just redone and refreshed from a life of unregistered warehouse living for the last 10 years.

It should be done on this Wednesday from an independent Benz shop and lots of fresh German from Germany parts!

the only rust are small bubbles under a respray and a window seal.

Unless I fall in love with this beast, it will go.

Thor

zimm

Expedition Leader
all things being relative, if you dont share the price and how much HW driving you plan on, its kinda tough to get thoughts.

HeftySmurf

Observer
all things being relative, if you dont share the price and how much HW driving you plan on, its kinda tough to get thoughts.

True... but I'm pulling the plug on this 230ge now that I'm learning more about them from you all. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions about other G-wagons.
THanks

zimm

Expedition Leader
True... but I'm pulling the plug on this 230ge now that I'm learning more about them from you all. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions about other G-wagons.
THanks

It sounds like youre buying it? To follow thru on a deal is to pull the trigger. To pull the plug is to kill it. You wanna be the lone ranger, not jack kevorkian. :)

snyder.hunter

Adventurer
It sounds like youre buying it? To follow thru on a deal is to pull the trigger. To pull the plug is to kill it. You wanna be the lone ranger, not jack kevorkian. :)

zimm,

i think he's pulling the plug, ie letting this G go down the drain. maybe he'll pull the trigger on another G.

maybe i'm just as confused as you

H

zimm

Expedition Leader
zimm,

i think he's pulling the plug, ie letting this G go down the drain. maybe he'll pull the trigger on another G.

maybe i'm just as confused as you

H

i think youre right and im wrong.

im curious as to what the price and condition was on this truck.

can the op fill us in on the details since hes no longer buying it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior