23-year, 800,000 km road trip.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Fantastic, I love hearing more about him. Sad that his wife passed but great to see him continuing on as she wanted. Go Otto!!

po-porsche

HA! I was just watching this and just came here to post the same link.

This guy is my hero. It makes me wonder what I am really doing with my life. This guy is experiencing the world in a way that I currently only dream of.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
HA! I was just watching this and just came here to post the same link.

This guy is my hero. It makes me wonder what I am really doing with my life. This guy is experiencing the world in a way that I currently only dream of.

The choices are all yours po-porsche. You are the captain of your ship, where do you want to sail?

CruiserArtist

Observer
Gunther Holtorf

I wonder how he funds his traveling lifestyle. I worked my way on my longest trip. One does need cash every once in a while even though a lot can be done with bartering. He said he refused a sponsor due to the conspicuous advertising sticker issue.

grizzlyj

Tea pot tester
It is fab that he is continuing :)

I thought I read a few years ago they had stopped, and donated the G to Merc for their museum. I also thought there was a trip diary of some sort? Anyone know?

:)

po-porsche

The choices are all yours po-porsche. You are the captain of your ship, where do you want to sail?

I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. So, traveling with them for extended distances is challenging. My father traveled the world my entire life and I never saw much of him. But for me, I don't want to spend too much time away from my kids. So, for now, I'm going to wait until they can enjoy going with me.

I'd like to drive from New York to Patagonia.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. So, traveling with them for extended distances is challenging. My father traveled the world my entire life and I never saw much of him. But for me, I don't want to spend too much time away from my kids. So, for now, I'm going to wait until they can enjoy going with me.

I'd like to drive from New York to Patagonia.

The G has 3 seats right? ;)

David Harris

Expedition Leader
Great and inspiring story. Goes to show that to get what you want from life you just have to go get it!

David

Flanker525

An absolutely amazing story! I can believe that he never had a breakdown as he seems like the type of person who would always be on top of preventative maintenance.

What does surprise me is that his G looks like it has almost no rust at all even though it's been through miles of water over the years and i'm sure a number of ocean going trips as well. (I can only presume that it was wrapped or shipping inside of a container each time to avoid the salty air/water)

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
An absolutely amazing story! I can believe that he never had a breakdown as he seems like the type of person who would always be on top of preventative maintenance.

What does surprise me is that his G looks like it has almost no rust at all even though it's been through miles of water over the years and i'm sure a number of ocean going trips as well. (I can only presume that it was wrapped or shipping inside of a container each time to avoid the salty air/water)

Along with his other maintenance he probably washed it when he good after salt exposure?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles