223 for sale?

Expedition Leader
Specs on the cheap 9mm? The stuff I have has a really hard primer, built for Uzi's as I recall. Some handguns will fire it, many require a double strike (or more) so not a viable ammo.

Sounds exactly like the Czechoslovakian military surplus ammo that used to be cheap and plentiful in Utah when I lived there (30+ years ago). I used to shoot it in my S&W Model 59 for practice, but about 1 round in 20 would not fire with a single hammer strike. But it cost next to nothing at the time -even a poor scooter tramp could afford to shoot.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Sounds exactly like the Czechoslovakian military surplus ammo that used to be cheap and plentiful in Utah when I lived there (30+ years ago). I used to shoot it in my S&W Model 59 for practice, but about 1 round in 20 would not fire with a single hammer strike. But it cost next to nothing at the time -even a poor scooter tramp could afford to shoot.

That is the way I look at it, if I have to do a couple double strikes every 10-20 rounds when target shooting I'm OK with that. Obviously not something you would use in a ccw.

On a different subject, I didn't know you spent time in Utah, raised here?

gm13

Adventurer
For anyone in SE PA who may be looking, Targetmaster had pallets of .223 for a decent price, including 62 gr XM855 green tips-- $230 for 420rnds w/can.

demonslaer

Observer
Content deleted.

Reminder - No direct sales of guns or ammo on this site. It is OK to point out sites that have items for sale, but no direct sales on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
So I got the mass email from CTD today that mags are back in stock. I reluctantly clicked on the email to find that they are already sold out of all but one, which is the used GI model on "sale" for 160.00. Thanks but no thanks.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I found some .223 local for .50 a round...cheapest I have been able to find recently...reluctantly I bought a lot

ClayH

Adventurer
Content deleted.

Reminder - No direct sales of guns or ammo on this site. It is OK to point out sites that have items for sale, but no direct sales on this site.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier