223 for sale?

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Good luck, all my usual suppliers are sold out. In fact, my favorite supplier closed until after the holidays. He said he's got a backlog of 6 days orders to pack up and ship.

Crazy.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Yeah I have checked everywhere here in town, no luck. Only one dealer in Tulsa had p-mags in stock. 49.99 each! And they were selling quick.

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
Fortunately, I'd been stocking up over the past couple months, so I've got a pretty good supply of ammo right now.

Was just getting started building a couple ARs, and it looks like sourcing parts for them will be a long slow process.

Hopefully this frenzy passes relatively quickly.

robert

Expedition Leader
Cheaper than dirt has some if you want to send them your first born and an arm. Widener's has some Prvi.

herm

Adventurer
Can't buy a mag anywhere either. It's getting crazy. I just picked up my first AR a few weeks ago and now I am thinking I should have gotten a few more mags and other parts also.

Flagster

Expedition Leader
I just bought 6 mini 14 mags...new ruger stock in box today at my local gun shop...crazy to find them there...I figured they would be all out...
They were all out of 55gr and only had odd tracer round boxes...

cnynrat

Expedition Leader
The Brown truck dropped off a barrel yesterday for my next project.

Looks like the biggest challenge is going to be bolt carriers. They are gone everywhere.

Scott Brady

Founder
It is all gone. All the guns, all the ammo, all the magazines. Many of the stores in Prescott are a boarded up and posted closed.

This is a critical lesson to everyone. In the time of actual emergency, supplies will be immediately wiped out. Water will be gone from the shelves, food will be gone. Ammo and guns will be sold out.

Being prepared to provide for you and your family starts well in advance of an emergency. A year ago, you could buy a bakers dozen of AK47s for $400 each.

This is not an end-of-the-world perspective or some stupid zombie outlook. It is a reality. Katrina, Sandy, etc. all happened. Economic collapse has happened. Prepare for it with a few months of food and some bulk water storage. Coordinate with people you trust to ensure that the stores are protected. Then stop thinking about it.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero:Heh Heh, YUP thats why my jeep lives in Nevada-

I've got thousands of 5.56/223/22-250/243/30-06/257mags/270mags and non-disclosed pistol ammo, plus several thousand rounds of Sierra 69gr BTHP fmjs-among the afore mentioned calibers--I'm prepared

Now I'm not gonna worry about the Mayan holocast-anymore, just the Fiscal Cliff!

:wings::bike_rider: JIMBO

Expedition Leader
Been buying ammo for all my calibers, a 1,000 rounds at a time at gun shows for the last 10 years or so. Prices have gone WAY up but I've never been sorry I bought, no matter what the price. It's a lot like gold - the price may go up and down, but it almost always goes higher than you think it should have, and it will always be worth something no matter what.

Expedition Leader

cruisertoy

Explorer
A few buddies and I just started a firearms design company several months ago. Given the current events, not a great time. We were getting ready to submit patents on a few weapon systems when the shooting took place. Went from 60 to zero really fast. I may have some ar15 and ar10 lowers for sale in a few weeks, but our cool stuff is in a holding pattern. Up until Wednesday I thought there was still a chance of this thing blowing over. Due to some inside info from deals getting cancelled I'm not sure it will. It will be an interesting shot show this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles