21' Silverado 1500 short bed Duramax - Build ideas/Fridge mounting?

moose545

Just picked up a new 1500 Silverado Duramax and I'm absolutely loving it so far. The range and mpg are exactly what I wanted and after waiting over 3mo for a JLU that was never started, I opted for a different route. My plans are to build it out like my previous GX460 and be fully sustainable remotely for days, but this is a fresh start. Having said that, there are a few things I figured I'd check with the masses on.

First, is the fridge. I see a lot of guys in full-size rigs making or using a platform in the cab to support the fridge after removing a seat. I think this will be my first approach for the time being. I don't want it out in the elements, and bed slides are heavy for what they are I feel; and ideally I'd like to have a Smart Cap down the road or similar. Please feel free to share some ideas and curious as to what some of you have come up with.

I opted for the OVS bed rack for both it's price and adjustability; it's universal, I can mount other gear to it, and it can clear my cab with the hard-shell tent I plan to put up top to get back out in the woods. Rack is on it's way, and tent will be picked up once that's installed, plus later I can sell it to any truck owner later for multi-use and not be model-constrained.

If anyone has any ideas or experience with any bumpers or skids out there please share, I've found a few things but there's not much at the moment. Thanks in advance

emulous74

Congrats on your Duramax, that 3.0l diesel is an awesome powertrain. I was blown away by it on a test drive. I work for GM, so thanks for your purchase as well, if you need anything let me know. Check out 589fab.com for bumpers and other upgrades, they are small family run shop and started out making parts for the second gen Colorado/Canyon twins, when no one was making anything for them and they have expanded out making products for the Ranger and Silverado.

moose545

Congrats on your Duramax, that 3.0l diesel is an awesome powertrain. I was blown away by it on a test drive. I work for GM, so thanks for your purchase as well, if you need anything let me know. Check out 589fab.com for bumpers and other upgrades, they are small family run shop and started out making parts for the second gen Colorado/Canyon twins, when no one was making anything for them and they have expanded out making products for the Ranger and Silverado.

Thanks I'll keep an eye out, sadly they make and have nothing for the diesels though. Hopefully that changes. It's an awesome truck and I'm excited to get messing with it, definitely a lot of potential. Interior is nice on my Z71-RST and great reviews and numbers on them. I looked around and just not much else fit my bill for being capable, modern, and not totally cheap feeling for what it cost; yes you Toyota. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94