2024 Silverado (Avalanche) EV

ABBB

Leave it to GM to be the first to go deceptive in their marketing looking for a competitive advantage. Ford was conservative when they released initial PR for their EV truck, announcing figures likely to be seen from expected use. Sure, their battery is capable of 450 miles or whatever it is, but that’s without passengers or anything at all loaded in the truck. So they said 300 or 350 so as not to mislead and generate expectations that won’t be met. I think this is wise in the first generations of mass produced EVs, there’s a lot of skeptical public to win over and baiting and switching isn’t going to help the cause. Seems in keeping to me with some of GM’s cheap tactics in production and their reliance on legacy to keep moving vehicles. I suppose they deserve a chance, it’s true we haven’t seen the truck at work yet, but it is a somewhat outlandish claim when compared to Ford, Hummer, Rivian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThundahBeagle

They really should have called this the Avalanche. It's clear as day.

Silverado needs to be able to put a cross box in it WITHOUT the intricate workings of a drawer slide system that keeps the box below the bed liner. I mean, how is it a work truck if you have to spend $500 to $700 on the toolbox (smaller than standard), and another $500 on the rail system needed to carry it.

And is this how it will be when they finally go all EV? Just a dumb move.

Theres nothing wrong bringing the avalanche back as an EV and also bringing a truck-like truck back as an EV. Another big mis-step by GM. And I love my GM trucks

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
They really should have called this the Avalanche. It's clear as day.

Silverado needs to be able to put a cross box in it WITHOUT the intricate workings of a drawer slide system that keeps the box below the bed liner. I mean, how is it a work truck if you have to spend $500 to $700 on the toolbox (smaller than standard), and another $500 on the rail system needed to carry it.

And is this how it will be when they finally go all EV? Just a dumb move.

Theres nothing wrong bringing the avalanche back as an EV and also bringing a truck-like truck back as an EV. Another big mis-step by GM. And I love my GM trucks
Agreed. This should have been an Avalanche. GM could come out with a more conventional truck to more directly compete against the Lightning as well.

ThundahBeagle

The thing is, now they've trapped themselves. When they go 100% electric, they either have to revamp the design of the electric Silverado, or stay with a design that doesnt work for tradesmen as easy as Ford's design does.

I do like this EV, but simply calling it the Avalanche would have made the future less hairy than it needed to be.

S-10 Blazer, anyone? I used to go into auto parts stores looking for parts for my 94 K1500 full size Blazer Silverado. I was ALWAYS met with the question: S10 or K5? And half the time they still gave me the S10 part. That's what GM is good at. muddying the water between designs and names

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier