2023 GMC Canyon AT4X

skrypj

I am keeping a close eye on this one. ZR2 suspension and lockers with a 2.7L turbo making 310 hp and 430 torque.

As long as they don't price this thing ridiculously high like the Siverado ZR2/Sierra AT4X at like $60k or something I think it will be a hit. The current Colorado ZR2 is a pretty solid deal at $45k. The one thing I wanted was more torque and the turbo to keep the thing charging hard at high elevation when towing, and this checks that box. Fingers crossed its in the low 50's.

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
My brother has a 2018 Colorado Z71, and my wife’s daily driver is a 2019 Colorado ZR2. Both have the V6 and are pretty nice little trucks. I always felt that both trucks were pretty zippy for what they are, but extra power never hurts. It’s the interior that needs an update. Hopefully we see that for the Colorado/Canyon.

skrypj

My brother has a 2018 Colorado Z71, and my wife’s daily driver is a 2019 Colorado ZR2. Both have the V6 and are pretty nice little trucks. I always felt that both trucks were pretty zippy for what they are, but extra power never hurts. It’s the interior that needs an update. Hopefully we see that for the Colorado/Canyon.

The 2.7L wouldn’t increase power much at all. Its that It would have an extra 150 torque at a much lower rpm.

TwinStick

Explorer
The 2.7L wouldn’t increase power much at all. Its that It would have an extra 150 torque at a much lower rpm.

Torque is king for towing. Our diesel has 369 lb ft of torque. I love it for towing. But I would rather have gasoline. 430 lb ft at low rpm is the best of both worlds. Good torque without the headaches of diesel emissions issues. I may have to look into this more deeply. Lol

Well, I have looked into this more deeply and realized we won't be able to afford a new ZR2 Colorado or a Canyon AT4X. Starting around $55-57k for the ZR2 and $63,450 for the GMC AT4X. It simply is not worth the money to me anymore.

Last edited:

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Torque is king for towing. Our diesel has 369 lb ft of torque. I love it for towing. But I would rather have gasoline. 430 lb ft at low rpm is the best of both worlds. Good torque without the headaches of diesel emissions issues. I may have to look into this more deeply. Lol

Well, I have looked into this more deeply and realized we won't be able to afford a new ZR2 Colorado or a Canyon AT4X. Starting around $55-57k for the ZR2 and $63,450 for the GMC AT4X. It simply is not worth the money to me anymore.

I hope that's not the price for the mid-size.... Those are full-size $$$$$$

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
The new Ranger Raptor is getting a 2.7 also. It’s also getting a full redesign. Is Ram ever coming back with a midsize or is that the Gladiator?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles